Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jaguars to release David Garrard

Being reported by Jay Glazer on Twitter:

Luke McKown will start opener.

Maybe that's our backup QB?

Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

Wow. I know he is not a top tier Qb, but I always thought he was a solid middle of the pack starter capable of winning it all if on an elite team.

I would be glad to have him as the backup if the price is right, but I could see him going to SF or Seattle and starting.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Wow. I know he is not a top tier Qb, but I always thought he was a solid middle of the pack starter capable of winning it all if on an elite team.

I would be glad to have him as the backup if the price is right, but I could see him going to SF or Seattle and starting.
    I agree. he's definitely better than Smith or Jackson. Of course, if they are all in for the Luck Sweepstakes, they'll pass
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

I'd gladly welcome him here as our back up.

Can't BELIEVE the Jags would flat out cut him like that.

I'd love to see him come here, but I could see him getting some interest to start in Seattle, San Fran, and maybe even Cinci.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    I agree. he's definitely better than Smith or Jackson. Of course, if they are all in for the Luck Sweepstakes, they'll pass
    I think that division is weak enough that going from Smith or Jackson to Garrard would be enough to go from worst to first. Just getting to the playoffs is worth it IMO even if you are a major longshot to win it all from there, because occasionally those hit.

:T2:

Please... The guy has a weird wind-up and delivery.. Almost looks like Jim Palmer trying to throw a football against the Dodgers in the '66 World Series.. He'd get killed here.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd gladly welcome him here as our back up.

Can't BELIEVE the Jags would flat out cut him like that.

I'd love to see him come here, but I could see him getting some interest to start in Seattle, San Fran, and maybe even Cinci.
    Yeah, this is a real head scratcher. I've always liked Gerrard as a QB. He could definitely start for a couple teams at this point. Would be a premium backup.

That was the first thing that popped in my head when I read it. "Ravens should sign him as a back up"
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

I think Jim Harbaugh already has got it in his head that he's going to go get Andrew Luck next year. Unless Kaepernick comes out and just "wow's" everyone, I don't see any reason to think that he wouldn't be gunning for Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Please... The guy has a weird wind-up and delivery.. Almost looks like Jim Palmer trying to throw a football against the Dodgers in the '66 World Series.. He'd get killed here.
    He's better than Tyrod Taylor, Daunte Culpepper, Trent Edwards, etc.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    He's the best vet QB that will be available.

I think that they'd be ok with Tyrod as the back up, but if they want a vet guy then Garrard should be on the phone with them right now. He's got a lot of gametime experience. He's got a good arm (albeit a weird throwing motion), and he's pretty mobile.

I doubt he'd get "killed" here.