Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Let the games (the smack talk) begin...

"They talk a whole lot," Casey Hampton said. "They don't like us. I think they don't like us a lot more than we don't like them. I think they have to talk themselves into it, kind of, know what I mean? Since I've been here, we've beat them a lot more than they beat us. They have to talk about it a whole lot."

"It seems like they always have us beat and we always end up beating them, and they always feel like they should have won." Hampton said. "That's what makes it so sweeter.

"At the end of the day, if you win you win, no matter how you get it done. We have two physical teams that kind of play similar styles. We just seem to come out on the winning end more."
    LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: Let the games (the smack talk) begin...

At the end he ain't lyin bout that but their time has come and I'm tellin you we are goin to blow them muthaf#&kas out the water on 9/11 no close game just a beat down for the ages.

The Ravens have literally said nothing this entire offseason.

Seems to me this team is sick of talking about beating the Steelers. They know what they have to do.

Our name has been in their mouth since June.

Blog Entries

Ya feel me? The Ravens haven't even said one word but all we hear on their side is how they beat us all the time??? It seems like they are the ones talkin themselves up for it. Don't worry we are coming we are going to roll them so bad they won't know what hit em. Bart scott layin out ben was nothing back then wait til he meets nightmare on elm street and king serg...lee evans flyin by palumalu, and leach layin out woodley on a run play this shit ain't nothin nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    The Ravens haven't even said one word but all we hear on their side is how they beat us all the time??? It seems like they are the ones talkin themselves up for it.
    Exactly. They don't sound as sure of themselves as they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    The Ravens have literally said nothing this entire offseason.

Seems to me this team is sick of talking about beating the Steelers. They know what they have to do.

Our name has been in their mouth since June.
    This.

This is why I like the Ravens under Harbaugh. No smack, ust business. They are talking like they are nervous or something. I don't get it.

Blog Entries

I can't wait till Sunday!!!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

""They don't like us. I think they don't like us a lot more than we don't like them. I think they have to talk themselves into it, kind of, know what I mean? Since I've been here, we've beat them a lot more than they beat us. They have to talk about it a whole lot.""

Sorry, I'm having a flashback -- I thought this was a quote from some of the cunning linguists and articulate posters over on SunSpot...;)

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    This.

This is why I like the Ravens under Harbaugh. No smack, just business.
    It would be nice if some of that "business" included beating the Steelers in a big game once-in-a-while. I like Harbaugh, too, but that has been his biggest weakness in his 3 years.

This is what I don't get. They keep saying we are talking, but all the talk has solely come from them. Woodley, Harrison, Ward, that random safety, and now Hampton.

We haven't said anything. Rice talked about Ward driving drunk, but that has nothing to do with the game. I think they're nervous.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Exactly. They don't sound as sure of themselves as they used to.
    It's kind of sounding like that, the pressure is on them to win the AFC North this year and not that many people are picking the Ravens to win the division which is fine by me. They are the ones who are doing the talking this time around.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Guys, keep in mind the "trash-talking" Ravens from the Super Bowl season, when they were telling everybody how good they were. This is typical stuff from these players, and IMHO doesn't reflect nervousness or worry on the part of the Steelers. OTOH, I think if Harbaugh has told his players to keep a muzzle on it until after the game, that's a good thing.

Also, remember this -- if it's true, it ain't braggin'!