Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. OT: P. Manning out for seaon???

I just heard it from a Colts fan....any truth to this TL?

Re: OT: P. Manning out for seaon???

If its true...Texans win the AFC South
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

if it's true, my fantasy team is f***ed

and the colts win 3 or 4 games

5. Re: OT: P. Manning out for seaon???

read this from Adam Schefter's Tweet: Peyton Manning is being revaluated by several doctors bc of slow progress. No other procedure planned now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    read this from Adam Schefter's Tweet: Peyton Manning is being revaluated by several doctors bc of slow progress. No other procedure planned now.
    yeah, i just got this text from espn. havent heard anything about him being out for the season

Found these at the colts blog 18 to 88, reprinting some of Irsay's tweets.

1. Weather forecast ever changing...ominous storm clouds gathering...it never rains under my umbrella....

2. There was the Rams-K Warner Sup year./ There was Patriot 2001-Brady Sup.year.--- Every year. is interesting n unpredictable in NFL!!!!

3. This ain't a dream no more...it's the real thing..give me a second,let me get it 2gether, just got 2 pick myself up off the floor

4. Got 2 code the darkness...prepare u 4 an alternative journey

5. No quarter?NONE ASKED!We made a promise,we swore we'd always remember,no retreat,no surrender;like soldiers in a winter's nite,a vow 2defend

6. Stampedblue and Jon Bauges/random or silly tweets,they r not..ur not hearing what I'm saying..riddle n codes r done4a reason,but it's there

7. It's BETWEEN the lines,you will find...what you can only find here
    They're freaking out a bit, particularly about the Brady/Warner references. Again, just rumors and innuendo, but its flying a bit over in Indy. SBnation reported he needs surgery again, but unconfirmed.

I'll believe if it becomes official. I would never, ever bet against Peyton.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Well, we play the Colts Week 14. If we played them earlier I would care a lot more.

Not to be the selfish/near-sighted homer. Peyton is a great football player and the game in general is just better with him out there.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

10. Re: OT: P. Manning out for seaon???

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Well, we play the Colts Week 14. If we played them earlier I would care a lot more.

Not to be the selfish/near-sighted homer. Peyton is a great football player and the game in general is just better with him out there.
    I agree with you completely...and I want to beat the Colts with Peyton under center!

If Manning only ends up missing the first few games, that could be a big deal in the AFC North race.

Neither one of us has many tough games on the schedule - Indy is one of them. But if Pittsburgh gets to play Kerry Collins in Week 3, while the Ravens have to play a healthy (or close to it) Manning in Week 14, that could be a big swing game, in terms of the conference record and common opponents tiebreakers.

As much as I may dislike Manning, I don't want to see one of the greats go down like that. I do hope he recovers and can hang em up on his own terms in a few years, and not have to be forced into retirement by injury.

on a Colts forum per a local news report:

INDIANAPOLIS - Eyewitness News has learned Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will likely miss the start of the season.
    Several sources tell 13 Sports that Manning will not play in the season opener in Houston next Sunday. Sports Director Dave Calabro was told that the MVP quarterback is being re-evaluated by several doctors because of slow progress from neck surgery.
    Another media report surfaced Sunday night that Manning could need a third surgery and could be out indefinitely, but Team President Bill Polian told Sports Illustrated he knows nothing about that.
    Manning said last week that he's doing everything possible to get back on the field.
    "I'm all about helping the team be a better football team. Our goal at this point is to start off with a season one win and I want to do whatever I can to make that happen. So my goal is to certainly be out there playing, but when I'm not doing my rehab or trying to get myself better, ready to play, I'm doing what I can to help Curtis (Painter) and to help Kerry (Collins)," Manning said.
    Indianapolis Star columnist Bob Kravitz joins Dave Calabro on the 13 SportsJam at 11:15 p.m. Sunday to discuss the Colts and more about the Manning situation.