Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryant McKinnie

Bryant McKinnie

Bryant McKinnie may be 370 lbs and he might not have taken a snap in the 2011 pre-season but I'm willing to bet theres no way he lets Troy Polamalu tomahawk chop Joe Flacco.
    I spent the entire winter replaying that moment in my mind.

Re: Bryant McKinnie

I hear you. That play and ones like it are haunting to say the least. Although some accountability has to be given to Birk and Flacco as well. As a team, they MUST get out of those disaster plays this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    I hear you. That play and ones like it are haunting to say the least. Although some accountability has to be given to Birk and Flacco as well. As a team, they MUST get out of those disaster plays this year.
    I also put some of the blame on Cam for that play. Flacco should have been in the shotgun on that play. I have no idea why Cam does not have Flacco in shotgun a lot more often. Flacco operated almost exclusively out of the shotgun formation in college. That would have given him the time necessary to get rid of the ball before Polamalu got to him.

McKinnie needs to play tougher and he will be fine....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

The shotgun basically tips off the defense that you're going to throw. NFL defenses are too good for an offense to sit back in that formation and do what you want all the time.

As the play last year, it made no sense to not account for Troy. Everyone was to blame but I put it on Joe for not calling time out or at least sliding the protection to Troy. You can throw at a free blitzer running at you but not from your blind side.

Then again Tom Jackson told my boss who golfed with him that on that particular play, in his opinion, it epitomized the Ravens coaching shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    The shotgun basically tips off the defense that you're going to throw. NFL defenses are too good for an offense to sit back in that formation and do what you want all the time.
    Actually Ray Rice is very effective at running out of the shotgun. It's something I'd like to see us do more this season. Spread people out with 3 wides and TE with Joe and Ray in the shotgun.

Or if you want to get real crazy, run two WRs, a TE, and have Leach and Ray lined up behind Joe in the Pistol formation.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Bryant McKinnie may be 370 lbs and he might not have taken a snap in the 2011 pre-season but I'm willing to bet theres no way he lets Troy Polamalu tomahawk chop Joe Flacco.
    I tried to forget that one as well but since NFLN replayed it 1000x, it was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    Just watched that play again, Flacco should have realized that Polamalu would be all but unblocked on that play. It was an avoidable sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    Just watched that play again, Flacco should have realized that Polamalu would be all but unblocked on that play. It was an avoidable sack.
    If I remember correctly, Flacco knew he was there but thought he could still get the ball out faster, he guessed wrong and let's hope he doesn't make the same mistake twice...

Blog Entries

I wish he'd have done like the QB in "the Longest Yard" and just winged iit right into Polamalu's nuts from 5 feet away.

If remembered right, that was the second time that Troy blized that same play. Only he never made it to Flacco the first time. You would think SOMEONE would have seen it the first time and prepared for it.
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

That play was all on Flacco and also Birk. The Center is partially responsible for picking that up when a S pulls up to the line like that, and more importantly Joe completely missed seeing Troy sneak up to line.