Mahaffey
    Berry
    Hall

Blog Entries

Re: Your practice squad predictions

Boren or gorrer for last spot

Blog Entries

I think at least 2 or 3 spots will be players from other team's cuts.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think at least 2 or 3 spots will be players from other team's cuts.
    You're right that it's typically very fluid for the first couple of weeks. There will be a player or two who made the roster and will get bumped if they sign a veteran. For instance, if they sign a QB after week one, a player like McClellan could get sent down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You're right that it's typically very fluid for the first couple of weeks. There will be a player or two who made the roster and will get bumped if they sign a veteran. For instance, if they sign a QB after week one, a player like McClellan could get sent down.
    McClellan is probably my 3rd guy off the roster. First, I'd take off McAdoo, then Brown, then McClellan.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I saw Scallywag's thread on the final 54, and am wondering how the timetable works from here until next Sunday? Is what is posted there the current "official roster"? If so, that puts a few things into place for me as far as understanding what personnel moves might be made. As one example, I feel like I've read a lot about Foxworth and some less than steallar play this pre-season, but I see he's on the roster. My understanding is that he can't go on the PS(?) -- if that's not true, is he likely to be pushed over there; if it is true, is it likely he gets cut/waived?

Also, BA is listed on the roster, so same questions here as well.

Thanks for any clarity...;)

Blog Entries

Which questions?

PSq is only for players with less than 1 accrued NFL season on an active roster. Foxworth and BA can't go on it. They aren't going anywhere, both are solid vets who the Ravens would've released today if they were on the bubble.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Scally-
    Thanks, although I didn't realize the limitation was that severe for PS players. The question(s) are then more along the line of --
    Given what I've been reading about Foxworth (and to lesser extent, BA), do you see them being knocked off the roster before next weekend based upon the Ravens grabbing up a couple players from the cuts from other teams in order to address stuff like a b/u QB, a center if everything is not right with Birk and/or Mattison, or other needs the team may see as higher priority (than Fox and BA)?

Blog Entries

I have no idea about some

Bynes I'm sure of

Talmadge Jackson or Victorian? seems like one of them should be...
    Gorrer? had looks at Saints, Rams, and here last year... how much upside does he have (or skill) to bump the newbie CBs

Andre Ramsey? maybe but he has been PS since 2009, several teams have looked at him, do we "hold" him in case of injury, because unless he pulls a Pashos, I don't think he is going to blossom into anything.

Berry
    Silva
    Hall
    those 3 I can see

So that gives me 5

Mahaffey? keeping a FB on PS? can't see it, can see OL or DL

Can see Hunter Cantwell if we get a vet QB or Tyrod is absolutely healed.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

what i'd say with that is...The Ravens MO is to be respectful of their veterans. If there was a chance they might be released eventually, they'd do it sooner, to give them time to land with a new team.

So the cuts I'd expect if we pickup any waived/cut guys would be young, PSQ type players. Not vested veterans

Keep in mind that these guys have to pass through waivers first. I'm doubting that Josh Bynes and Bryan Hall make it through.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!