Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gooden trade near complete?

Aaron Wilson tweets...

No deal completed yet for Tavares Gooden, but trade is expected to happen in all likelihood.
    Makes sense.

Blog Entries

Re: Gooden traded?

49ers mentioned as possible landing spot.

Harbaugh to Harbaugh connection
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

They've been shopping him.

He's no longer in their plans, but I don't think they want to outright cut him.

Likely they'd only get a late round condition pick or some other guy to fill out the back of the roster.

Perhaps, a back-up QB or a back-up Center?

EDIT: Honestly, I wrote this before AW's last Tweet about looking to acquire a Center. I swear! :)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

banana:

Re: Gooden trade near complete?

Yeah, this would be a Antwan Barnes-level trade I would expect.

In Barnes case, that was a good deal for the Ravens. But Gooden was a third rounder -- no way that get that back for him, so you consider this making the most out of a busted pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Likely they'd only get a late round condition pick or some other guy to fill out the back of the roster.

Perhaps, a back-up QB or a back-up Center?
    Aaron Wilson saying we are targeting a backup OL, likely a Center.

We'll have to see if someone takes that deal.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

7. Re: Gooden trade near complete?

Jonathan Goodwin (32) and Chase Beeler (23) are their 2 backup Centers.

Blog Entries

Re: Gooden trade near complete?

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Jonathan Goodwin (32) and Chase Beeler (23) are their 2 backup Centers.
    Getting Goodwin would be a REAL coup...he was one of the top OL avaialble in FA, signed just after Birk's injury came to light and Rabach flunked his physical

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    EDIT: Honestly, I wrote this before AW's last Tweet about looking to acquire a Center. I swear! :)
    I believe that you believe it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    likely a Center.
    Well, putting two-and-two together, if you look at the niners depth chart, the back up center is ten-year veteran Jonathan Goodwin. Behind him is rookie Chase Beeler, who played for Harbaugh at Standford, so you'd guess there is some loyalty there...making Goodwin expendable.

Goodwin was the starter at center for the super bowl Saints team in '09. Prior to that he was on the Jets roster but was expendable when they invested so much in Nick Mangold. He was a Pro Bowl alternate last year.

Just a guess.

[EDIT: Honestly, I started typing this before I saw Hokie's post...honestly]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Well, putting two-and-two together, if you look at the niners depth chart, the back up center is ten-year veteran Jonathan Goodwin. Behind him is rookie Chase Beeler, who played for Harbaugh at Standford, so you'd guess there is some loyalty there...making Goodwin expendable.

Goodwin was the starter at center for the super bowl Saints team in '09. Prior to that he was on the Jets roster but was expendable when they invested so much in Nick Mangold. He was a Pro Bowl alternate last year.

Just a guess.
    To me, I just can't imagine Goodwin, who looks to be SERIOUSLY golden backup material for being a PB alternate, would be traded for Gooden, who would've been cut.

Unless we sweeten the deal. Can't think Jim Harbaugh is THAT dumb.

12. Re: Gooden traded?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    To me, I just can't imagine Goodwin, who looks to be SERIOUSLY golden backup material for being a PB alternate, would be traded for Gooden, who would've been cut.

Unless we sweeten the deal. Can't think Jim Harbaugh is THAT dumb.
    Agree 100%. I can't see how Gooden has retained any value.