Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. McKinnie's Career Sack Stats

I think we need to give this guy a chance...Here are McKinnie's career sacks allowed numbers since his draft in 2002: in 131 games: 36

Not too bad for having a few QB's that were less than stellar (Daunte Culpepper (not bad, but not great), Tarvaris Jackson, Kelly Holcomb, Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson(1 very bad yr, 1 good yr)...I am also a Vikings fan, they are my NFC team, and I honestly believe that McKinnie will want to perform at his best in front of his University of Miami peers....just sayin' ;)

Re: McKinnie's Career Sack Stats

Thanks for the info. Where'd you get the stats from?

Blog Entries

he'll get his chance, that's a given. The question is whether he is a shell of the player he was back then (pun intended) or if he can still hold his block. kind of a shame he won't be playing tonight

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Do you think they might put Levoir (sp?) at LT tonight and get Oher back used to the right side?

Blog Entries

McKinnie used to be great. It was all talent too since he never put it much of an effort. Hopefully he can get some of that back but I'm not counting on it. Right after McKinnie was released Greg Cosell said that McKinnie was a below average Tackle in 2010. Now he's in a lot worse shape.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Now he's in a lot worse shape.
    Says who? He passed his physical and Duffy reported that he "passed the eye test." I know that's not scientific but thus far there has been no concrete evidence that McKinnie was ever "out of shape" besides being admittedly a "few pounds overweight." There's even debate as to why McKinnie was released in the first place.

I'm guessing he's somewhere in the middle and at that point I think he'll be an upgrade over Oher. It's kind of hard to judge anyone on a team like the 2010 Vikings which was a complete circus. Hopefully a change in scenery will be what McKinnie needs.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until I see anything to the contrary.

Also, as far as him never putting in much effort, I also don't understand that. He has played 16 games in each of the last 4 seasons. Not to mention his former teammates have vouched for him. If he can last four seasons at one of the most difficult positions in football without much of an effort, I'm excited to see what can happen if he puts his time in.

Some of you guys just can't be optimistic about anything.
    Last edited by barnanimal; 08-25-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Barnanimal I do agree I believe if Mckinnie was looking like a slob I doubt the Ravens would have even bother with him...maybe he had motivation issues in minny honestly I am still leary on this acquisition but if he pans out to be anything like what he used to we are in for a treat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barnanimal View Post
    Says who? He passed his physical and Duffy reported that he "passed the eye test." I know that's not scientific but thus far there has been no concrete evidence that McKinnie was ever "out of shape" besides being admittedly a "few pounds overweight." There's even debate as to why McKinnie was released in the first place.

I'm guessing he's somewhere in the middle and at that point I think he'll be an upgrade over Oher. It's kind of hard to judge anyone on a team like the 2010 Vikings which was a complete circus. Hopefully a change in scenery will be what McKinnie needs.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until I see anything to the contrary.

Also, as far as him never putting in much effort, I also don't understand that. He has played 16 games in each of the last 4 seasons. Not to mention his former teammates have vouched for him. If he can last four seasons at one of the most difficult positions in football without much of an effort, I'm excited to see what can happen if he puts his time in.

Some of you guys just can't be optimistic about anything.
    Says the Vikings who when they cut him said he was near 400 pounds. I'll also take Cosell who is the best player analyst around over Duffy and former teammates. And no, I'm not optimistic about this season. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think it's not going to be 8 or 9 wins and out of the playoffs this year.
    Last edited by GOTA; 08-25-2011 at 10:38 AM.

McKinnie used to be great. It was all talent too since he never put it much of an effort. Hopefully he can get some of that back but I'm not counting on it. Right after McKinnie was released Greg Cosell said that McKinnie was a below average Tackle in 2010. Now he's in a lot worse shape.
    Used to be great may be a correct statement, but only one season removed from being great is enough to convince me he can return to being at least very good. And as far as Cosell goes, I'm not buying what he says as fact. I respect his evaluation of players, but I beleive he's dead wrong about labeling McKinnie as below average. I know you made a statement in a thread a couple weeks back stating that if Cosell says he's below average, then he's below average, but even Cosell can be wrong every once in a while. I don't believe it's possible to have a below average LT on a team that still produces the type of running game that we saw in 2010.

Blog Entries

Says the Vikings who when they cut him said he was near 400 pounds. I'll also take Cosell who is the best player analyst around over Duffy and former teammates. And no, I'm not optimistic about this season. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think it's going to be 8 or 9 wins and out of the playoffs this year.
    G say it ain't so man I think we can get 10 or 11 wins the Oline has the potential to be good if that happens the sky is the limit for this season.

Says the Vikings who when they cut him said he was near 400 pounds. I'll also take Cosell who is the best player analyst around over Duffy and former teammates. And no, I'm not optimistic about this season. I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think it's going to be 8 or 9 wins and out of the playoffs this year.
    Taking Minnesota's word that they cut him because he was almost 400 pounds is no different than taking the word of Duffy or former teammates.

I already liked your posts on the other board and agree with most of the things you write and you always seem to be one of the few logical and intelligent voices on here. I know you were also against the big Leach contract, but I am willing to bet that by midseason you will be happy with both of these moves.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how things play out on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    G say it ain't so man I think we can get 10 or 11 wins the Oline has the potential to be good if that happens the sky is the limit for this season.
    Smoove you know I was all in last season. Everything seemed to be in place for a real run at the title and crappy coaching by both coordinators pissed it away. The talent was there though with the exception of 1 offensive lineman and a second pass rusher to go with Suggs.

This season I'm getting a different vibe. I see personnel issues. This McKinnie signing in my opinion is a panic move. Yesterday I heard Pat Kirwin give his summary of what he learned going to the 18 camps he went to this year. He said the best he saw was the readiness of the Steelers. Even their 3rd string guys seemed incredibly focused and ready to make up for the Super Bowl. The worst thing he saw was the Ravens offensive line, which he saw before McKinnie. It was the most disappointing unit he saw on any team in camps he was at. A rookie o-line coach is not what you want to try and turn things around.

I really feel that the Ravens offense is going to struggle this season. Cam's mistrust of Flacco along with a weak offensive line equals difficulty scoring touchdowns. Add that to improved Steelers, Chargers and Texans teams and it's going to be a lot tougher to make the playoffs this season.