Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jax Game

Re: Jax Game

Got my 3 tickets in section 229. My buddy is stationed in Jax so he got them for me with his military discount.

I'm really hoping with the Jags pretty much packing it in already that we make a lot of noise and give Chucky and Jaws a chance to talk about the large number of Ravens fans that made the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    I will be going with Sherry's aka Ravenette's group which is having I think a private VIP Tailgate in one of the Cabanas. I'm staying at the Omni for 5 days and 4 nights. Ravenette says there is going to be a big Ravens fan invasion of Jacksonville and I think I'll see a lot of it at Jacksonville Landing. I got a better deal on airfare going out of Reagan National, than I would have flying Southwest out of BWI. I paid $221.40 on Delta Connection nonstop round-trip to Jacksonville, the only other fee is $25 for baggage each way on Delta.
    Got the same price from Delta as well from Reagan. Flying out Saturday morning and flying back Tuesday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdonpaul View Post
    Got the same price from Delta as well from Reagan. Flying out Saturday morning and flying back Tuesday afternoon.
    I did some research and shuttles and taxis cost around $40 each way from Jacksonville International to the hotel.
    The group I'm with got bumped to the Wyndham Riverfront Jacksonville due to the Omni being overbooked.

I did some research and shuttles and taxis cost around $40 each way from Jacksonville International to the hotel.
    The group I'm with got bumped to the Wyndham Riverfront Jacksonville due to the Omni being overbooked.
    We are at the Hampton Inn across the river from the stadium. That's what I found for a taxi fee as well. Still looking for a tailgate and hopefully will meet up with some of you.
    Last edited by bigdonpaul; 10-14-2011 at 10:16 PM.

We are considering getting a van at the airport. Are there big tailgate lots and parking lots around the stadium?

I did find a better deal on airport shuttles; GO Airport Shuttle of Jacksonville charges around $20 to $25 each way from JIA to the Wyndham Jacksonville Riverfront for a shared van. Google "GO Airport Shuttle of Jacksonville" for more information or call (904) 353-8880 or (800) 394-0116.

Wink Re: Jax Game

Quote Originally Posted by bigdonpaul View Post
    We are considering getting a van at the airport. Are there big tailgate lots and parking lots around the stadium?
    There's a large cash lot about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the stadium, which probably will be OK for you. We parked there for the 2000 game. It was OK, sandy surface, not scenic. It is east of the stadium, just past the Hart Street approach viaduct, bounded by Adams, Bryan, Talleyrand. You may want to find out from lot manager first: 904-353-1126 www.tailgatersparking.com.

Alternatively, check out with the Jaguars ticket office about the availability of Lot Q, the oversized vehicle lot next to Metropolitan park (which should be a Ravens fan tailgating location, based on past experience). Great location, on the St.John River and 10 minute walk to the stadium.

Both lots are on the map at:

http://www.jaguars.com/everbank-field/parking-map.html
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

They have plenty of parking around that toilet bowl of a stadium... Nevermind that 8000 seats are covered and the game still isn't sold out (and probably won't be). Nothing like having a MNF game blacked out in your own city. Pathetic.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I did find a better deal on airport shuttles; GO Airport Shuttle of Jacksonville charges around $20 to $25 each way from JIA to the Wyndham Jacksonville Riverfront for a shared van. Google "GO Airport Shuttle of Jacksonville" for more information or call (904) 353-8880 or (800) 394-0116.
    Keep in mind the taxi is one fee, the Shuttle is per person.

4 guys in a taxi is $10 each plus tip.

There are two entire ROWS of club level tickets on sale for $87 a piece on Ticket Exchange right now. 25 seats in Section 233 Row AA and 25 seats in row BB.

Hottest ticket in town.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    They have plenty of parking around that toilet bowl of a stadium... Nevermind that 8000 seats are covered and the game still isn't sold out (and probably won't be). Nothing like having a MNF game blacked out in your own city. Pathetic.
    Don't think so. I've been to several games there that weren't sellouts, and there didn't appear to be parking available in the adjacent stadium lots, which are sold to the season ticket holders.

============================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    There are two entire ROWS of club level tickets on sale for $87 a piece on Ticket Exchange right now.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm .... tempting! Thanks for the info. Another good example of why to be patient buying tickets to road games.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).