Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Josh Wilson rips Ravens fans

Trap, next time you want to make a point that's untrue, have something to back it up.

Here is what Wilson said:

“One thing about it, they have nowhere near the tradition of Redskins fans,” Wilson told the Washington Post with a grin. “...My uncle is 50-so years old and all they know are Redskins and you’d almost think somebody’s died when the Redskins have lost. And now I’m getting all these phone calls asking, ‘What do you think about this?’ and they think I’m going to give them all the insight, and I’m like, ‘Get out of here!’ But the Ravens have a strong fanbase up there. They’re growing and getting kind of that establishment that the Redskins already have.”
    This is not "ripping" Ravens fans, and I have half-a-mind to edit this extremely misleading thread title.

Holy shit Trap, you need to stop taking everything someone says so personal as if they're completely disparaging the Ravens. Wilson paid the fans up here a compliment, and gave high kudos to the fan base of the team he's playing for, and you're acting like he said Ravens fans should go f*** themselves or something.

1) This shouldn't be surprising that a player coming into a new city will talk higher about their city than the one they were just in. Did you really expect him to say "No man, Ravens fans are the best...these DC fans are just mediocre when it comes to rooting?" Do you think he's angling to get booed eight games a year from his new home town? Particularly when he grew up a Redskins fan?

2) You understand that what you're doing in how you talk about Skins fans vs. Ravens fans in this thread is WORSE than what Wilson said about us? By, like, a LOT. So why is it exactly that you think it's okay for you to do that, but not okay for Wilson to pay his home town fans some compliments?

3) You've drummed this up as though Wilson has done some horrible injustice to Ravens fans everywhere when he pays us a compliment, because it's not THE ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT!!!

Seriously man, you need to chill out some. You get your blood boiling over some really ridiculous stuff that warrants absolutely no attention what-so-ever. This is one of those things.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Guess I missed the part where he "ripped" us.

Dude has an opinion. Wasn't ugly about it either. What's the big deal?

It's akin to telling my wife that she give better head than any of my formers. May not be entirely true, but it's the right thing to say....

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    It's akin to telling my wife that she give better head than any of my formers. May not be entirely true, but it's the right thing to say....
    Great analogy!

However, I double dare you to tell your wife "But my formers gave pretty damn good head too!"

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

man, i was pretty shocked to see this board get as offended as the sun board did. skins were around longer, thus they have more tradition. simple math really. he didnt say baltimore football and dc football, he said skins and ravens. so just because the colts played here once upon a time, doesnt mean that gives the ravens tradition. the ravens are building a great tradition, but compared to the longevity of the skins, come on man.

Blog Entries

Meh. He was careful to quantify his comments. I expect every player in the NFL to assure their team's fans they are the best in football. My only issue with it is that it is dismissive of Baltimore's overall NFL history and tradition, and it probably slipped his mind that the Baltimore Colt's football tradition lived on after a 13 year absence. A typical dumb Skin's fan comment, but it isn't the end of my world. I actually had a disagreement with Wilson once on Twitter, when he was making fun of someone for believing evolution. I mentioned it made him sound dumb. Two weeks later he must have come across it while twittering his name and came at me with a bunch of "why don't you @ me with that?" Er, because I don't really want to discuss anything with someone who doesn't believe in evolution. Duh. He's a really good CB, but not the sharpest pencil in the box. If this happened in the regular season, I might use it to get pumped up about the game; but it's preseason, so all I'm hoping for is good practice and development for our players and that nobody gets hurt.
    Last edited by Flipping Birdie; 08-23-2011 at 01:37 PM.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

• Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Meh. He was careful to quantify his comments. I expect every player in the NFL to assure their team's fans they are the best in football. My only issue with it is that it is dismissive of Baltimore's overall NFL history and tradition, and it probably slipped his mind that the Baltimore Colt's football tradition lived on after a 13 year absence. A typical dumb Skin's fan comment, but it isn't the end of my world. I actually had a disagreement with Wilson once on Twitter, when he was making fun of someone for believing evolution. I mentioned it made him sound dumb. Two weeks later he must have come across it while twittering his name and came at me with a bunch of "why don't you @ me with that?" Er, because I don't really want to discuss anything with someone who doesn't believe in evolution. Duh. He's a really good CB, but not the sharpest pencil in the box.
    he wasnt talking about baltimore football history. he was talking about the ravens. when talking about ravens tradition, it is not linked with colts football.a huge amount of raven fans were never hardcore colts fans. mostly due to age. that includes josh wilson.(not the part about being a raven fan, just his age) he isnt thinking of colts history, nor should he be when comparing the skins fanbase to the RAVENS fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post

FYI:

@TheJoshWilson
    Josh Wilson Ravens fans there was no hard feelings/disrespect just sayin da skins tradition has been around 50+years & y'all r progress 2 that fasho
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Many Ravens fans were apart of that old Baltimore tradition.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by outlander512 View Post
    he wasnt talking about baltimore football history. he was talking about the ravens. when talking about ravens tradition, it is not linked with colts football.a huge amount of raven fans were never hardcore colts fans. mostly due to age. that includes josh wilson.(not the part about being a raven fan, just his age) he isnt thinking of colts history, nor should he be when comparing the skins fanbase to the RAVENS fanbase.
    Whether you feel it or not there is a link and a NFL tradition in Baltimore that goes back over 60 years. Whether everyone remembers or are old enough to remember is irrelevant. But like I said, I'm not too terribly plussed by Wilson's comments.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.