Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Dalton

Blog Entries

Andy Dalton

It's going to be fun to destroy the Bengals twice this year. It's only preseason, but Dalton looks EVERY bit a rookie in two straight games. I remember Flacco looked rough too, but he was also not supposed to be starting, so he hadn't been getting many 1st team reps. This kid has been starter since being drafted, and he still looks like crap.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Andy Dalton

Joe Flacco NEVER looked that bad. Hell, Boller didn't always look at bad as this kid looks. Carson and Chad really REALLY screwed them (which I am perfectly ok with!).

Blog Entries

There is still time for the young man to get better.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

They have to go with Gradkowski; it's a no brainer. Dalton just isn't ready

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Carson and Chad really REALLY screwed them (which I am perfectly ok with!).
    Tell me again how Carson screwed them? Guy asked for a trade, Mike Brown could've gotten a HAUL for him, better than what Eagles got for Kolb. Instead, he's going to "Teach Him a Lesson" by forcing him to take his fat bonus check and retire on it. Meanwhile, Bengals continue to swirl the tidybowl.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Tell me again how Carson screwed them? Guy asked for a trade, Mike Brown could've gotten a HAUL for him, better than what Eagles got for Kolb. Instead, he's going to "Teach Him a Lesson" by forcing him to take his fat bonus check and retire on it. Meanwhile, Bengals continue to swirl the tidybowl.
    Because Carson signed a long term contract knowing the situation he was in. And he should be honoring that contract. In this case it's Mike Brown that has all the leverage here. And whether or not he's being unreasonable here, Palmer isn't playing to his contract. Finish off the contract and then leave in free agency, like Ochocinco did.

Sorry, but to me what Carson Palmer did was leave the Bengals high and dry and in the hands of this cat that cannot play football.

Osi Umenyora (sp?) got on the field and was honoring HIS contract after the Giants pulled back on a trade. That's the right thing to do.

7. Re: Andy Dalton

Bruce Gradkowski is actually a decent QB but if they want to go with fire crotch let them.

Because Carson signed a long term contract knowing the situation he was in. And he should be honoring that contract. In this case it's Mike Brown that has all the leverage here. And whether or not he's being unreasonable here, Palmer isn't playing to his contract. Finish off the contract and then leave in free agency, like Ochocinco did.

Sorry, but to me what Carson Palmer did was leave the Bengals high and dry and in the hands of this cat that cannot play football.

Osi Umenyora (sp?) got on the field and was honoring HIS contract after the Giants pulled back on a trade. That's the right thing to do.
    Umm ocho got traded. And owners cut players all the time where is the honoring the contract there?

Blog Entries

Yeah, Carson signed onto that team for a committment, but the egg should be on Mike Brown's face, more than Carson's. That franchise is taking on water fast. Carson's desire to get out wasn't just because he wanted to go to a winning team. It's because Brown refuses to build better facilities and actually improve the team's infrastructure by hiring a true scouting department. If he'd traded Carson, he would've gotten some pretty decent value for him. Could've used that to re-stock another position, or move up and get a better QB.

Quote Originally Posted by kris21054 View Post
    Umm ocho got traded. And owners cut players all the time where is the honoring the contract there?
    Shows you how much I cared about it. :)

As for the owners cutting players, they get penalized for cutting players by losing that money against the following year's cap, and possibly putting their team at a disadvantage. So it's not quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Yeah, Carson signed onto that team for a committment, but the egg should be on Mike Brown's face, more than Carson's. That franchise is taking on water fast. Carson's desire to get out wasn't just because he wanted to go to a winning team. It's because Brown refuses to build better facilities and actually improve the team's infrastructure by hiring a true scouting department. If he'd traded Carson, he would've gotten some pretty decent value for him. Could've used that to re-stock another position, or move up and get a better QB.
    But regardless of that, it's not Brown's requirement to trade Palmer. And if he doesn't, Carson taking his ball and going home screwed the Bengals by putting the team on the back of this guy Dalton and basically making it impossible to even be competitive this year.

But regardless of that, it's not Brown's requirement to trade Palmer. And if he doesn't, Carson taking his ball and going home screwed the Bengals by putting the team on the back of this guy Dalton and basically making it impossible to even be competitive this year.
    Meh. If Brown is not required to trade Palmer, then Carson is not required to play out his contract so long as players are allowed to retire.

Brown is a fool for not trading him. Sure, he made his point and took a stand against an athlete who was being petulant. But he did so at the expense of his team (again) and he didn't really stick it to Palmer.

Palmer will be doing just fine without Brown. Brown, on the other hand, will suffer without Carson.

As witnessed by Andy Dalton.