Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cary Williams

Blog Entries

Cary Williams

from my seat, dude looked big and ready to ball. if im rooting for anybody...he's the guy. hope pagano can get him and smith ready to start by november. there is a lot to look forward to with the raven's defense this year.

Blog Entries

Re: Cary Williams

Carey was beast tonight yea he gave up a td but with webb regressing carr hurt and foxworthles worthless dude game has been improving with him and smith we might be looking at our starting corners. Big, fast and physical that's what a ravens corner should look and play like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Carey was beast tonight yea he gave up a td but with webb regressing carr hurt and foxworthles worthless dude game has been improving with him and smith we might be looking at our starting corners. Big, fast and physical that's what a ravens corner should look and play like.

Great, great post.

Word up, if he continues to shine silently Bmore could potentially have the next Grimes on our hands

Cary Williams was a great addition last year. His arms are long. If he worked on his hands, he could pull in 5-7INT this year.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

People might give him shit for the two bad plays against the 2s but honestly, who would you rather have starting over him.

He had like 3 PDs and one was almost a pick six.. none of our other corners (besides Webb sometimes) make plays like that.

Williams is going to be the real deal no doubt. Great addition for us. He and Smith are going to do some damage this season methinks.

I'll follow this line of thinking... we saw our two starters start last night, It looks like all the little guys can fight it out over nickel and dime. we have real foos septh, IMO all across the secondary.

In general, this D is exciting, young and old, they all seem to be ckicking at the same time.

It might be time to do something about Foxworth to make some cap space. We have a glut of talent in the secondary right now.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It might be time to do something about Foxworth to make some cap space. We have a glut of talent in the secondary right now.
    I just don't think they are going to do anything with Foxy, unless he's willing to restructure (not sure that's even possible). One thing Oz always says is "you can never have enough corners." While I understand we want to make room for some signings, I do believe that depth in the secondary is crucial. We'll see how the depth chart shakes out, but I think they are being cautiously optimistic with Foxworth.
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I'd want to see Smith and Williams repreat their performance, but at that point I could wrap my head around that. I see Foxworth as a soldid starter and better then solid nickle, but not the answer. What I saw last night was two guys that could be the answer, and two other little guys that are more then fine for subpackages, not counting Fox. $7m per year average is too much for a nickel corner coming off a knee injury with two players behind him who are not big steps down.

Williams looked very good until the letdown at the end of the half. Smith gave up two catches, one on a ball he tipped, the other on a perfect throw. And he did a great job jamming Bowe at the line.

Webb hasn't improved, and Foxworth doesn't have the upside of the other guys. There will be some bumps in the road, but I think Smith/Williams will turn into a strong pair of corners.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell