Thread: Dawan Landry

Dawan Landry

Great story on this guy,looks like Ozzie struck gold again in the late rounds.What makes this one even better is that he has stepped right in and played from DAY 1!!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football

Re: Dawan Landry

Yes, good story. The Ravens really lucked out when they landed Landry.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

The 14th safety taken,simply unreal.

Honestly, I thought we made a mistake when we didn't take a safety on the first day. I thought the trade for Gerome Sapp was an attempt at making up for that.

I'm glad I was wrong. Landry looks like exactly what the secondary needs- a hard hitting run supporter who's good in coverage, and plays hard every down. I like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Not sure you can chalk this up to luck. Credit where it is due, Oz and company have consistanly found diamonds in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Great story on this guy,looks like Ozzie struck gold again in the late rounds.What makes this one even better is that he has stepped right in and played from DAY 1!!
    I agree that was a good article. I would also like to point out that it is way to early to judge Dawan. It would not be fair to him or to you. While the first two games are good indicators of things to come the Ravens have yet to be tested by a quality passing team with a good offensive line. I will reserve my judgement until we are more than half way into the season and have played some more veteran quaterbacks who can expose rookies in the secondary. If he is still holding his own in then we can all praise Ozzie and his sixth sense of finding these undiscovered gems.

I look forward to reading this post in a few months and see how it has all worked out...

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    How Peter Angelosesque of you.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

What an amazing guy to come in and handle being out on the field with this Raven defense and not feel intimidated by their presence.But actually getting their respect is great for him,and all of us.

Landry will hopefully knock K2's helmet off.Two for two.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Landry has been a nice addition thus far, let's hope he can keep it up

All the moaning about not going out in the free agent market to find a safety can be permanently put aside.

What a find !!

He is a real keeper -- Landry plus the other young cornerbacks could make this our best secondary yet if we continue to develop and no injuries.

So much more upside with this young group than the older guys we've had the last few years who kept breaking down (e.g., Sanders, Carter, Fuller).

I'll submit that this has been the front office's best job yet of upgrading the team in the offseason.

Now if we could only transfer this mentality of injecting youth into the offensive line (and give the younger guys a chance!!) . . .