Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Eagles - Steelers game

Ring...I completely agree, Philly is going to be very suspect against the run...Their linebackers are small and don't have much in front of them to protect them in the run game. And while Vick looked good against us, he got some breaks last week...he can't perform like this if the Eagles are gonna win. Honestly, I'm kind of glad that we won't be hearing about how awesome the "dream team" is.

Pitt looks good...they have to be more than satisfied with this performance. I'm impressed. It isn't news though...we all expect Pitt to be there in the end. Hopefully we can have a good performance tomorrow as well.

Tampa was run out of New England today as well.

Blog Entries

Is New England practicing their 'run up the score' routine?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Jesus Troy, love you getting the pick, but you don't need to take a shot to the knee on a meaningless return. Get down, man.

Eagles just could not have looked worse tonight. Whole half of play for Vick, 5/12 with 3 picks.

Hopefully not. I think he has to see the writing on the wall. Of course he'll still see plenty of snaps, and may even have more success in that role.
    yeah that was dicey... and I am sure the Igles felt the same about Vick making the tackle.

Steelers have dominated both sides of the ball pretty handily. Only preseason so no need to get too up or too down but they've looked good.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It looks like tackling is currently a league-wide issue right now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Vick: 5/12 47 yds 0 TD 3 INT
    Ben: 8/12 125 yds 2 TD 0 INT

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    It looks like tackling is currently a league-wide issue right now.
    I think that's usually the case early on in pre-season. One of those things that kind of has to be re-learned (probably not the right word). Throw in the lockout and lack of any real off-season practices/workouts, and it just makes it worse.

Blog Entries

In the end, the Lee Evans acquisition makes me happier...but...

If you watch that Cotchery TD catch, THAT is why I said passing on him could come back to bite us. Tough catch, guy plays with miles and miles of heart. Granted, it'll be tough to get him on the field with Wallace, Ward, Brown...but he looks like he's healthy enough and should be solid depth if Sanders foot keeps bothering him.

Scariest thing about this is we wanted to blame our issues on our OL. Steelers OL is also bad, and they handled their junk without issue, and that's with TWO LTs going down IN GAME.

That we struggled SO MUCH against that same pass rush, means our OL is worse than shaky...it may be absolutely pitiful.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

8. Re: Eagles - Steelers game

It's so vanilla. The Eagles aren't going to show any of their blitzes in some stupid preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    It's so vanilla. The Eagles aren't going to show any of their blitzes in some stupid preseason game.
    They apparently aren't going to show any offense either.

It's nice to see a little back to Earth though for the "Dream Team". This isn't the New York Yankees. You can't just throw big names on the field and expect them to perform as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    In the end, the Lee Evans acquisition makes me happier...but...

If you watch that Cotchery TD catch, THAT is why I said passing on him could come back to bite us. Tough catch, guy plays with miles and miles of heart. Granted, it'll be tough to get him on the field with Wallace, Ward, Brown...but he looks like he's healthy enough and should be solid depth if Sanders foot keeps bothering him.

Scariest thing about this is we wanted to blame our issues on our OL. Steelers OL is also bad, and they handled their junk without issue, and that's with TWO LTs going down IN GAME.

That we struggled SO MUCH against that same pass rush, means our OL is worse than shaky...it may be absolutely pitiful.
    I'm concerned about the Oline but I'll panic if the Oline is a major problem on September 11th. I don't believe in preseason panic unless a major injury occurs. I also want to see how the Oline responds tomorrow night and the Steelers Oline didn't look that great against the Skins last week but they responded tonight. I'm willing to at least wait and see how the Ravens OLine responds tomorrow night, they still need veteran depth though regardless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    And that's the scary thing...with vanilla blitzes, our OL looked like SHIT! Imagine how we'd look against a regular season pass rush?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

12. Re: Eagles - Steelers game

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    They apparently aren't going to show any offense either.

It's nice to see a little back to Earth though for the "Dream Team". This isn't the New York Yankees. You can't just throw big names on the field and expect them to perform as a unit.
    Personally I would laugh my head off if they put this paper champ together and Vick is the one who ends up crapping the bed. Preseason but still. He was doing the double pump stare at the receiver and throw a pick.