Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is Rick Dempsey a peabrain?

Desperate for a topic unrelated to the half dozen quarterbacks currently associated with the Ravens, I stumbled across a second (!) major professional sports team in Baltimore.

Rough transcipt of a live interview of Jay Gibbons' wife during a ballgame & about her charity work, per Rick Maese's column:
    Dempsey: "Laura, will this kind of help Jay in the domestic violence area? If he doesn't start getting a few more hits, you might grab him around the neck and rough him up a little bit. [Is] this money going to go to help him a little bit with maybe some of the hospital bills or something like that?"

Giuliani: "I don't know, Rick. I don't think I'm encouraging that. I'm definitely not --"

Dempsey: "Not going there?"

Giuliani: "Nope, not going there."

Dempsey: "All right, I'll domestically violate him if he doesn't start getting some more hits."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Is Rick Dempsey a peabrain?

I was watching the game when he said that and really couldn't believe what I was hearing.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Dempsey is a lush. He drunkenly came onto my friend's sister, who was about 17 at the time, when she worked at Bo Brooks. He comes across as an Angelos lackey too because he seems to keep hanging around the team in some capacity.

Poor choice of words and poor subject to joke about.

That said, Gibbons is horrible.

PP

5. Re: Is Rick Dempsey a peabrain?

dempsey is a worthless dumba@@, i rather have my eyes hit with ice picks, then listen to him call a game

thought it was hilarious...he kpet going about 20 mins after it was awkward already lol.

I think he is funny but I am easily amused.

He had some great comments this past weekend about the 5-man rotation and how he thinks they need to go back to a 4-man for better competition. He said he tried to implement a 4-man rotation when he was the manager of the Dodger's and got shot down and almost fired for even suggesting it.

So the other day Steve Trachsel pitches and they take him out after 86 pitches and 6 innings when he had only given up 1 run and the score was tied 1-1. WTF?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Desperate for a topic unrelated to the half dozen quarterbacks currently associated with the Ravens, I stumbled across a second (!) major professional sports team in Baltimore.

Rough transcipt of a live interview of Jay Gibbons' wife during a ballgame & about her charity work, per Rick Maese's column:
    Dempsey: "Laura, will this kind of help Jay in the domestic violence area? If he doesn't start getting a few more hits, you might grab him around the neck and rough him up a little bit. [Is] this money going to go to help him a little bit with maybe some of the hospital bills or something like that?"

Giuliani: "I don't know, Rick. I don't think I'm encouraging that. I'm definitely not --"

Dempsey: "Not going there?"

Giuliani: "Nope, not going there."

Dempsey: "All right, I'll domestically violate him if he doesn't start getting some more hits."
    To answer your question, Yes! . At least Angelos got one thing , well, half right. Perlozzo may not be the right guy, but imagine the Demper as the O's manager?

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post

So the other day Steve Trachsel pitches and they take him out after 86 pitches and 6 innings when he had only given up 1 run and the score was tied 1-1. WTF?!?!?!
    Perlozzo took Guthrie out last night after the sixth inning when he had thrown just 67 pitches and gave up just 1 run. I understand Guthrie may have come from the BP but come on, with a 4 run lead, you have to let him go out there and pitch a little longer.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Much ado about nothing, he apologized, it was a JOKE, debate whether it was in poor taste but bringing up how he allegedly "drunkenly came on to someone's sister" has nothing to do w/the comment. He is a good guy who made a stupid joke and he said as much. No doubt the political correctness police will NOT accept his apology and will demand MORE apologies and maybe some sensitivity courses and a check to the House of Ruth.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    Much ado about nothing, he apologized, it was a JOKE, debate whether it was in poor taste but bringing up how he allegedly "drunkenly came on to someone's sister" has nothing to do w/the comment. He is a good guy who made a stupid joke and he said as much. No doubt the political correctness police will NOT accept his apology and will demand MORE apologies and maybe some sensitivity courses and a check to the House of Ruth.
    Losac's statement that Dempsey drunkenly came on to his sister has *exactly* as much to do with it as your claim that he "is a good guy," except that Losac's comment is apparently backed by personal experience.

I don't want to hear any crap about the so-called "political correctness police" either, because this is not some borderline case. It was stupid stupid stupid, and insensitive, and so-called political correctness has nothing to do with it.

So yeah, I'd say he's a peabrain, to answer my own question.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Losac's statement that Dempsey drunkenly came on to his sister has *exactly* as much to do with it as your claim that he "is a good guy," except that Losac's comment is apparently backed by personal experience.

"Personal experience"? "My friend's sister said", define "coming on to her". Was he there? Were you? Again, what does that have to do with him joking that she should rough Gibbons up to get him out of his slump?

It was stupid stupid stupid, and insensitive, and so-called political correctness has nothing to do with it.

It was stupid and Dempsey said as much as he APOLOGIZED.

In an interview yesterday, Dempsey apologized and said he felt the humor was directed at Gibbons' batting slump, not the noble cause Giuliani was supporting.

"I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments," said Dempsey, the former Orioles player and coach who normally handles pre- and post-game duties for MASN. The Indians series marked the first time this season he did commentary from the stadium.

"I was trying to bring some levity to the fact that Jay hasn't been hitting as well as he wanted to. ... It is a serious issue, and I didn't mean to make a joke about that at all."

My point was and still is, how many times will he have to apologize before its accepted?