Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Demetrius Williams remember him?

Hes making good improvement for the Browns. Why did Harbaugh or Ozzie release him?

Re: Demetrius Williams remember him?

Because he would have to sit out several weeks from a hangnail.
    90% of the game is half mental

Because he was terrible. Moving on...
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

He's one of the few Ravens that I actually wish well, unless he's playing us. Baltimore just was not the place for him, after Billick left.

There is no way that Marcus Smith was more deserving of a roster spot than him last year. And the only reason he got it was because Smith doesnt cry about playing special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve61 View Post
    Hes making good improvement for the Browns. Why did Harbaugh or Ozzie release him?
    If he becomes a playmaker when the games actually count during the regular season then Williams will become relevant. If he wasn't so brittle and actually made plays consistently maybe he would still be a Raven.

I haven't seen him play or heard anything about him in awhile, so I have no idea what kind of player he's like now, but he didn't do very much while he was here under Harbaugh. In 2008 and 2009 combined, he only had 21 receptions for 322 yards. Last year for the Browns he only appeared in 2 games and didn't catch a single pass.

If he becomes a seroius playmaker for the browns. Im gonna scream!!! And start a thread on firing Ozzie. If i was the owner id fire Ozzie right after that Steeler game last year.

If he becomes a seroius playmaker for the browns. Im gonna scream!!! And start a thread on firing Ozzie. If i was the owner id fire Ozzie right after that Steeler game last year.
    He hasn't done much of anything over the past three seasons (see post #6). There are plenty of legitimate things that the front office can be criticized for, but this is not even close to being one of them.

Blog Entries

Demetrius Williams was not retained, because of the following:

1.) Struggling to stay healthy
    2.) Struggling to run the right routes
    3.) Struggling to run good routes
    4.) Struggling to catch the ball consistently.

Every team takes on developmental players and gives them about 3-4 years to tap into their potential. When those years are up, teams usually move on, to another developmental player.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I agree. Not only did ozzie fumble the ball, he also threw a costly int. To make matters worse, ozzie also dropped a sure TD in the endzone as well as a sure 1st down on the last offensive play. And don't get me started on the assignments that ozzie missed when he was playing defense.

Even if he has gotten better and is good now, he was not good then.Every blue moon, getting cut helps motivate a player who could not otherwise work hard enough with their first few chances. see James Harrison.

Blog Entries

That's why you're not the owner.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"