Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryant McKinnie

Bryant McKinnie

I somehow missed that the Vikings cut McKinnie about a week or so ago
    and only found out he was a FA in the news feeds section. Considering the question marks at the tackle position, why isn't Ozzie allover this guy? I understand he has some issues with dedicating himself to being his best, but this guy has played a huge role in APs success in Minnesota. Get him in on a 1 year deal as the RT and I'm not sure about anyone else, but I would feel alot better about things going into the season. He's certainly a better option than Gaither.

Re: Bryant McKinnie

I'd sign him, but he is a slug. He reportedly weighs 390 lbs.

There is a reason he is still out there...not getting any interest.

As previous mentioned, he is a giant slug with no work ethic. Minnesota fans are thrilled the guy is gone.

Damn shame...guy had ridiculous talent back in the day. Nobody has ever owned Dwight Freeney like he did in college.
    Last edited by BLSmokey; 08-10-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd sign him, but he is a slug. He reportedly weighs 390 lbs.

There is a reason he is still out there...not getting any interest.
    Definitely the reason why he's still out there. I wonder how long it would take for him to get back down to ideal playing weight. Even if it took until Mid-September I think it would still be a good signing.

Blog Entries

Interior OL is a bigger need. We still need a C who can start if Birk needs more surgery, and we have nothing but scrap heap guys to backup Yanda and Grubbs.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Greg Cosell rated McKinnie as below average. And that is before he was 400 pounds. No way I would even consider him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Greg Cosell rated McKinnie as below average. And that is before he was 400 pounds. No way I would even consider him.
    How can anyone on an offensive line that has allowed AP to do what he has done be below average? I know McKinnie hasn't lived up to expectations and I'm usually all ears when Greg Cosell speaks, but below average?

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    How can anyone on an offensive line that has allowed AP to do what he has done be below average? I know McKinnie hasn't lived up to expectations and I'm usually all ears when Greg Cosell speaks, but below average?
    Maybe because AP is a once in a generation talent?

I mean, we had Zeus, Mike Flynn and Bennie Anderson on the line when Jamal went nuts in 2003.

Yea McKinnie cant put down the ho-ho's long enough to get into playing shape. My guess is you can get someone cheaper who would do just as good. Langston Walker, Flozell Adams, Mark Tauscher, Nick Kaczur all could be good for depth

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Maybe because AP is a once in a generation talent?

I mean, we had Zeus, Mike Flynn and Bennie Anderson on the line when Jamal went nuts in 2003.
    AP is certainly that kind of talent. I'm not saying McKinnie is a great player, but I can't agree that he's below average just as I would never agree with anyone who wouldve labeled Zeus, Flynn, and Anderson as below average.

Not to mention we have next to zero cap room right now!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Not to mention we have next to zero cap room right now!
    What is the updated cap number after the Ricky Williams signing? Isn't it hovering around 3 million under? Or was that before Ricky was signed?