Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Some entertainment for The Sun.....

On a lighter note after a very frustrating day, for your entertainment - your Beat Writer and Columnist.......

Hensley, 8/4, 9:14 PM: Perhaps the biggest surprise of the first full-team practice was Arthur Jones running with the first-team at defensive end. He got the nod over Cory Redding, who made 11 starts last year.

Preston, 8/5, 4:00 PM: I like the idea of head coach John Harbaugh putting second year defensive tackle Arthur Jones as the starter over fellow second year defensive tackle Terrence Cody.

Preston, 8/5, 2:00 PM: It appears the Ravens are close to signing Chargers receiver Malcom Floyd, but local fans should understand that Floyd isn't this speedy, deep, vertical that some of them have been clamoring for over the years.

Hensley, 8/5, 3:16 PM: The Ravens were long considered the front-runners for Floyd, a deep threat that the team coveted.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 08-06-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: The Baltimore Sun is funny.....

Dumb and Dummer...
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    On a lighter note after a very frustrating day, for your entertainment.......

Hensley, 8/4, 9:14 PM: Perhaps the biggest surprise of the first full-team practice was Arthur Jones running with the first-team at defensive end. He got the nod over Cory Redding, who made 11 starts last year.

Preston, 8/5, 4:00 PM: I like the idea of head coach John Harbaugh putting second year defensive tackle Arthur Jones as the starter over fellow second year defensive tackle Terrence Cody.

Preston, 8/5, 2:00 PM: It appears the Ravens are close to signing Chargers receiver Malcom Floyd, but local fans should understand that Floyd isn't this speedy, deep, vertical that some of them have been clamoring for over the years.

Hensley, 8/5, 3:16 PM: The Ravens were long considered the front-runners for Floyd, a deep threat that the team coveted.
    Folks, please forgive my "French" but if this is the lame BS you want, we'll permit it. But if you want the truth from a source that has no political or financial ties, please ask us...We've got the skinny and the truth.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Folks, please forgive my "French" but if this is the lame BS you want, we'll permit it. But if you want the truth from a source that has no political or financial ties, please ask us...We've got the skinny and the truth.
    For the little bit of time I've been on this site I can already tell. You posted that Bulger was hanging the cleats up 2 or 3 days before it even hit. The Sun is a Joke...if you want a good laugh just read the Sun's sports section.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

That is awful, even by the sun's standards. Lol...

Could this (Art Jones over T. Cody) be mind games? Of course it can. Don't believe The Sun's hype. Just let it play out...

Nice call on Floyd reputable Sun. He's long gone to San Diego

The Sun is a collection of posers...but you already knew that

Tony, what really happened with the Floyd situation? also is Randy Moss even a realistic option the Ravens would consider? Hensley said a team source told him that the Ravens have no interest in Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Tony, what really happened with the Floyd situation? also is Randy Moss even a realistic option the Ravens would consider? Hensley said a team source told him that the Ravens have no interest in Moss.
    First off I want to say that happy hour went overtime last night and as a lesson to myself, I'm leaving those biting remarks (above) about The Sun on the board...my apologies if I offended anyone.

As to Floyd, I'll get the inside skinny when all dies down. My educated guess is (and I think it's pretty spot on) that the Ravens after signing Bernard Pollard were less than $2 million under the cap --not enough remaining to sign Floyd. They are trying to extend Ngata and I believe Floyd thought that they would get it done.

With the clock ticking coupled w/ the team's inability to extend Ngata, Floyd bailed and took the Chargers' deal...something less than what the Ravens were dangling.

I think the Ravens front office has not delivered their usual A game during free agency.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

My sources sent me an engraved stone tablet by Pony Express which indicates that the Ravens are interested in signing Commander Cody...;)

First off I want to say that happy hour went overtime last night and as a lesson to myself, I'm leaving those biting remarks (above) about The Sun on the board...my apologies if I offended anyone.

As to Floyd, I'll get the inside skinny when all dies down. My educated guess is (and I think it's pretty spot on) that the Ravens after signing Bernard Pollard were less than $2 million under the cap --not enough remaining to sign Floyd. They are trying to extend Ngata and I believe Floyd thought that they would get it done.

With the clock ticking coupled w/ the team's inability to extend Ngata, Floyd bailed and took the Chargers' deal...something less than what the Ravens were dangling.

I think the Ravens front office has not delivered their usual A game during free agency.
    I suspected that was a possible reason and if that's the case then you're right the Ravens front office haven't been as sharp as they usually are. Now they are in a situation where they will have to settle for Derrick Mason. They went after Floyd because they wanted a different kind of WR. I'm guessing it would be pointless to inquire about Randy Moss. At this point I think the Ravens chances of going to the SuperBowl are very slim (subject to change due to the ebbs and flows of an NFL season).

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I suspected that was a possible reason and if that's the case then you're right the Ravens front office haven't been as sharp as they usually are. Now they are in a situation where they will have to settle for Derrick Mason. They went after Floyd because they wanted a different kind of WR. I'm guessing it would be pointless to inquire about Randy Moss. At this point I think the Ravens chances of going to the SuperBowl are very slim (subject to change due to the ebbs and flows of an NFL season).
    I may be in the minority here and I'm about to duck as I type this (an no happy hour isn't still going) but I think Randy Moss is the best option right now. That said, he's probably outside of their budget, which isn't much. Maybe if he's around in Week 2 they go and get him and then if he acts the fool, cut him loose w/o any financial consequences.

Moss plays well when he's with a winner. It's when he's on a dog team like the Raiders, last year's Titans and last year's Vikings that he tanks it.

Blog Entries

The only way Moss is going to play is if you overpay him. He was terrible for 3 teams last season so over paying him really doesn't make sense. This isn't the Moss in his late 20's on the Raiders. This is the Moss who lost more then a step and can't jump anymore, Speed and elevation are his game. Once that goes it's over.