Faulk a Raven? Anybody catch the Marshall Faulk Documentary

Marshall said that he was originally traded to the Ravens, but something happened and he went to the Rams in 99. Does anyone know the details as to what exactly happened? I don't remember him being linked to the Ravens. I do remember that amazing game he had against us in 98, so it was pretty obvious the Ravens were really impressed. Was it simply that the Colts and Ravens weren't ever gonna be trade partners (or ever will be)?

Having Marshall during his peak would have been sweet. I know that Jamal wouldnt have been drafted in 00 then. Tough call... Jamal or Marshall? We wouldn't have taken full advantage of Marshall's amazing receiver skills b/c our QBs sucked. And Jamal fit the profile moreso of the smash mouth RB that the AFC Central Division demanded. But Marshall in his prime.. Wow. Might have made Billick a happier camper.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 08-04-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Re: Anybody catch the Marshall Faulk Documentary

FYI, changing your title since this isn't really OT to me.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Re: Faulk a Raven? Anybody catch the Marshall Faulk Documentary

I caught that, tough to say what would have happened if we didn't have Jamal. But hands down I would have taken Faulk over Jamal. One of the best football players of all time (and I am not one to over use that term).

The Rams got him for a 2 and a 5. Unreal value.

In the doc, Faulk's agent said the Colts wanted him out of the AFC, which makes sense.

Heard about this on 105.7 driving home. Deal was Ravens send a 2nd and 5th to Colts for Faulk. But according to Scott G and Jeremy C, Bill Pollian decided not to do the deal because he didn't want to face Marshall in the playoffs plus he didn't want to hear all the Baltimore/Indy crap over and over again. I'm not sold on the Baltimore/Indy connection because as a GM that shouldn't even be a consideration if you can make your team better.