Ravens should lift their "tweet" policy for the media

This is kind of ridiculous...fans can't attend any practices to see the players this year and attendance is restricted to the media.

So we should be able to get constant updates during the practices from those that can watch right?

NO

The Ravens (or Harbaugh in particular) became incredibly paranoid last year and basically restricted the areas where the media could take out their phones and send updates via twitter to some area completely away from the practice fields.

We just had our first practice today in pads, yet none of the local sports media reporters have posted any real updates about the action on the field...just some quotes from post practice Q&A sessions.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens should lift their "tweet" policy for the media

What, so Mike Preston can keep spouting off about how the Ravens need to bring back Mason, focusing on the first dropped pass that he sees?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If it helps them win, I can live with it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

They should let only reputable reporters tweet. For example, Aaron Wilson should be able to operate without restrictions.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    They should let only reputable reporters tweet. For example, Aaron Wilson should be able to operate without restrictions.
    Whereas Mike Preston should be locked in an outhouse and relegated to morse code for communication purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    Whereas Mike Preston should be locked in an outhouse and relegated to morse code for communication purposes.
    Only as long as he is trapped under the seat in the hole they dig for outhouses, especially on chili and high fiber roll day in the players cafeteria.

Very Belichick-esque.

Meh. I'm ok with it. It's not as if the Baltimore media as a collective can be described as being accurate and responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's not as if the Baltimore media as a collective can be described as being accurate and responsible.
    I'm fairly certain that's the first time those words have ever intentionally collided in the same sentence.

Blog Entries

Food for thought...in the past, a certain sportswriter I trust has said most media at TC rarely pay attention to action on the field, instead watching two plays and basing all their observations off of that.

This policy, combined with the hunger for sports news, could make for forcing better journalism. Writers have to...GASP...Take Notes! It's frustrating for fans to not get PBP updates, but I think some of those are redundant anyway. You end up jumping on random things. Like the fact that I've heard Hardy has looked good most of camp, but today had a couple key drops. In PBP, people would probably be calling for Hardy to be cut.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!