Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Re: Predict Ravens record

Gents (and the occasion lady),

Keep it smart, folks.

Lets disagree without being disagreeable least this thread get whacked.

Carry on, troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve61 View Post
    Its not a joke. Theyre far more better GMs doing a better job then Ozzie. Ozzie only took the Ravens to one Superbowl. Bill Polian took the Colts to 2 superbowls. Kevin Colbert took the Steelers to 3 Superbowls. So i think Ozzie should get the boot if Ravens fail make the AFC Championship game.

You've already started tailgaiting? Party on sir!

Now what if Mark Cuban bought the Ravens? What you think he would do? Yeah,, He knows how Jerry Jones was so successful with his Cowboys. But he made one mistake. He fired Jimmy Johnson. Now Mark Cuban as Ravens owner would fired Ozzie. Jimmy Johnson would be the New Ravens GM. This man is a winner. Jimmy Johnson took a lame college program University of Miami and gave them 4 National championships. Took over the Dallas Cowboys and gave them 3 superbowl championships. Can you imagine what Jimmy Johnson would do as Ravens GM? He would get Ocho Cinco and T-O here give Flacco weapons to use. And he would get Dallas Clark here too. Then we would go to Superbowls again and give Ray his last ring to celebrate his happy career retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve61 View Post
    Now what if Mark Cuban bought the Ravens? What you think he would do? Yeah,, He knows how Jerry Jones was so successful with his Cowboys. But he made one mistake. He fired Jimmy Johnson. Now Mark Cuban as Ravens owner would fired Ozzie. Jimmy Johnson would be the New Ravens GM. This man is a winner. Jimmy Johnson took a lame college program University of Miami and gave them 4 National championships. Took over the Dallas Cowboys and gave them 3 superbowl championships. Can you imagine what Jimmy Johnson would do as Ravens GM? He would get Ocho Cinco and T-O here give Flacco weapons to use. And he would get Dallas Clark here too. Then we would go to Superbowls again and give Ray his last ring to celebrate his happy career retirement.
    I could post this:

Ignoring everything in that post except Miami, they won a single title in 1987 with Jimmy Johnson, not four. And to say they were lame when they had just won a title in 1983 under Schnellenberger the year before Johnson came there is...

Instead, I'll post this...again:

Jimmy Johnson? Jay-sus boy! Some ideas are worth discussing.

Some. Not all.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Well Remember Miami was Ranked #1 in almost every season under Jimmy Johnson. Maybe i did get it wrong ok? But i remember those days of the 80s! Those days Rocked! but there was no Football in Baltimore

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

NNS--
    If I'm not mistaken, OriginalColtsFan = old19fan. I fear we have Steve Mario on our hands.

HoustonRaven--
    I'd like to counteroffer on the thread status. I can't control or edit if some knucklehead starts to post about "Stupid Willie Don Shaffer [sic]", but I'd be much obliged if we can keep this thread alive until I have a chance to download the comments and predictions, which may not be until this Sunday. OTOH, if you need to do a little weeding (no Ricky Williams pun intended ;)), I have no problems with that.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Beau

I say we go 12-4. I always say that we split with the stillers, and I say that we drop a game between SD and IND just because they are back to to back. And then ill say that we will lose 2 games to teams that we should win. I do not wanna go as far to say that well make it to the superbowl,itll take me a little while longer to guage where we are at.

But i will say that we are in a pretty good spot and are definetly going to be a contender. Im so excited for tonight!!

ITS GAMEDAY AGAIN!!! FINALLY!!! I HAVE SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR AGAIN!!!
    GO RAVENS!!

Last edited by Mista T; 08-11-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Please knock it off! Thanks

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Just finished copying, summarizing, etc., the predictions. A couple notes--

> If you didn't make a specific guess (e.g., you left open the number of wins, or said 'if "this" we're x-y, but if "that" we're a-b', etc.), I listed you as the lesser record (i.e., more conservative record).

> Only two predictions were for less than a .500 record.

> 10-6 is the most predicted record, followed by 11-5, then 12-4. Nobody went for a perfect 16-0 (thus saving the egos of the '72 Dolphins ;)), with one prediction of 15-1.

> One of our true oracles :D has predicted 11-4-1! I say that if there is a Ravens tie in the record in 2011, this one wins regardless of W-L's! ;)

> There were 75 predictions by my count, but one prediction was "One win better then the Yinzers". Not sure how to count this one.

> I'll post another thread requesting predictions after the conclusion of the last preseason game and before the opener with Pitt.

> If anyone believes I have misrepresented, miscounted or otherwise "mis"'d any predictions, please let me know.

Here are the summarized counts--

Predicted record/# of Predictions

0-16/1
    7-9/1
    8-8/4
    9-7/6
    10-6/25
    11-5/16
    11-4-1/1
    12-4/10
    13-3/5
    14-2/4
    15-1/1

Total - 74

I'd say that's a pretty optimistic perspective pre-preseason with all the discussion of needs for a backup QB, an O-line in question, uncertainty about the secondary, and a few other issues.

What jagoff predicted 0-16? They should be banned on principle!
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Can I get that in a bell chart format?

• Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!