Thread: Around the NFL

Blog Entries

Re: Around the NFL

Yikes, Merriman is probably done... seriously

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Sure he's done. Why else is he trying to sneak juice in? He needs an edge but he's too stupid not to get caught.
    Seriously, I could have pointed him to a Gold's Gym in Buffalo where he could have scored plenty, and I don't even live there!

But I think the knee is going to be the end of him.

Blog Entries

looks like Merriman may get off on a technicality? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-even-opened/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    looks like Merriman may get off on a technicality? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-even-opened/
    The moron said he went there for massage therapy?!?!

First, let me say as someone from Buffalo, who visits it a couple times a year, nobody goes to Canada for massage therapy unless it is the sexual kind. They have a lot of strip clubs and massage parlors. Hell I remember you could get served and go to a strip club over there when I was 18!

But, rich man or poor man, it is a pain in the ass to cross that border. Usually there is a lot of traffic, and contrary to what you read on the internet, they are a pain in the ass just to get into Canada.

I have been to countries as far as Australia and Canada has, is, and always will be the biggest pricks at the border.

A few years back, I was up in Buffalo for my usual Turkey Day visit, and decided that week, my wife and I would visit Toronto. At the border, we had our passports and the border patrol to get into Canada:

Border Patrol: "Where you headed?"
    Me: "Toronto."
    Border Patrol: "How long?"
    Me: "Just the day."
    Border Patrol: "Where do you live?"
    Me: "Maryland."
    Border Patrol: "Awful long way to go just for the day?"
    Me: "I'm am from Buffalo, visiting my father and we taking a day trip to Toronto."

After a few more minutes of scrutiny, we were allowed in. Coming back, 30 seconds to get back in the US.

Point is, no one in their right mind, wealthy or not would make a habitual trip to Canada living in Buffalo if they were not "up to something". Not saying steroids, but I do know from talking to people in the area HGH is pretty easy to acquire in Canada as well.

Blog Entries

sure would be nice to have this thread back on the main page until the FA activity is over.

Osi out 3-4 weeks:

NotoriousOHM Ohm Youngmisuk
    by AdamSchefter
    Giants announce Osi Umenyiora is undergoing arthroscopic surgery on right knee this morning. Revovery time 3-4 weeks. #nyg
    39 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Osi out 3-4 weeks:
    Now that is what I call a dodged bullet.

He may be fine in a month, but I'd be pissed if we had given a 2nd for a gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    How is the preseason schedule decided?

I've been a Ravens fan for three years and see we will play the Redskins three years in a row. And that's just the years I've checked, maybe it goes back further

Is there an agreement in place with Washington? Do teams get to nominate their preseason opponents?
    I think it's regional. saves travel $. I remember playing the Iggles the other year and Carolina I think.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I think it's regional. saves travel $. I remember playing the Iggles the other year and Carolina I think.
    We play the Redskins most years too

Blog Entries

What a shocking turn of events. Osi Umenyiora will not likely be ready for the beginning of the regular season. Meanwhile, the Ravens seem to have about 3-4 young players who are looking good rushing the passer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Taylor Mays to the Bengals.

Not real upset at that trade.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.