Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bengals Say the Lockout is Over

Pretty funny. The Bengals continue to remain the official comedy relief organization of the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-to-be-over/

At a time when it is critical for the NFL to stop pressuring the players to vote on the proposed labor deal that would end the lockout, the Bengals have sent out a mass e-mail declaring the lockout to be over.

(If we’d all simply been told that one NFL team would do this, wouldn’t the Bengals have been the first guess?)

The subject line declares, “Lockout is over; You ready for some football?” And the first paragraph of the message from Katie Blackburn and coach Marvin Lewis (I’ve got a feeling Marvin didn’t get the e-mail that he’d be “signing” this e-mail) reads as follows: “We are excited to let you know that the NFL has reached a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that allows the entire NFL season to be played this year.”

The only problem, of course, is that a new CBA hasn’t been reached.

Re: Bengals Say the Lockout is Over

And yet - on the field - the Ravens consistently make them look like they know what they are doing.....
    Last edited by PeterB58; 07-22-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Only the Bengals...smh

Why not not beat the media at its own game? Its just a formality now.....how the players sign their union cards, etc?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    And yet - on the field - the Ravens consistently make them look like they know what they are doing.....
    Most of the time the players do know what they are doing on the field, it's the front office that has no clue.

Blog Entries

With Palmer gone that's going to change and I don't mean Jordan Palmer

And yet the Ravens consistently make them look like they know what they are doing.....
    Well with Palmer out of the way (Raven killer) that will help change things, along with Cam growing a pair and running a more creative offense. It would also help if Cam would use his speed WRs properly instead of using them for end arounds. Dhani Jones said one of the main reasons why the Bengals have had success against Joe and the Ravens offense is because they knew the Ravens couldn't beat them deep making them easier to defend. For the record PeterB58 the Ravens did beat the Bengals twice in 2008, the series is tied 3-3 since then, the Bengals have had success but have not owned the Ravens like the Steelers have.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Palmer was one of the biggest reasons for the Bengals success over the Ravens. It would also help if the Ravens offense wasn't so boring and bland against them. Mason, Boldin and Housh couldn't run by Joseph, Hall or any of their defensive backs forcing Joe to hold on to the ball longer which allowed the Bengals to properly execute their four man rush. Hopefully Reed, Smith and Doss' talents can be used properly which could help the offense become more creative against the Bengals and everybody else.

Blog Entries

I'm going to have to give the Bengals the benifit of doubt and say someone hacked into them and sent that email out....

Then again maybe not...:grbac:
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It wasn't Palmer. As long as Marvin Lewis is the HC, the Bengals will be in the Ravens helmets like he was in the team meetings the night before.

I thought Harbaugh would fix that, but apparently there is a mole in the organization....I wonder if it's Ray-Ray:o

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA--
    Apparently the "typesetter" ;) at PFT was distracted when he posted that headline.

It should have read “Lockup is over; You ready for some football?” :D ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    It wasn't Palmer. As long as Marvin Lewis is the HC, the Bengals will be in the Ravens helmets like he was in the team meetings the night before.

I thought Harbaugh would fix that, but apparently there is a mole in the organization....I wonder if it's Ray-Ray:o
    Trust me it's Palmer, it's going to be tough if they don't get a good veteran QB and expect Andy Dalton to carry the load without having the chance to go through OTAs. I see that you continue to display your pessimistic attitude, your 8-8 prediction before last season looked real good