Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Cap Preview

Since Tony's been AWOL......er, boating...... today (tough life he leads), I thought I'd do his job for him....... :D
    With the NFLPA and NFL owners seemingly close to coming to a final resolution of the labor impasse that has forced the league to shutdown since March, it’s now time to take a look at the coming Free Agent period and where the Ravens stand with the Salary Cap.

First, though, I’ll start this article with a disclaimer, courtesy of a Twitter post by NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora, who stated when referencing the new Cap rules - “no cap guy in the NFL even has a full handle on it………Literally 3-5 people fully get it now”.

So, with that said, I’ll try to make as much sense of the Ravens’ 2011 Salary Cap status as I can.

http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Th...-Agency-Primer
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ravens Cap Preview

So how long til they announce the signing of Asomugha

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    .......one minute after midnight, whenever FA begins! :D

Snyder's addiction to the sexy FA pick up + $20 Million in cap space = Nnamdi will be in a Skins Uni this time next month.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Snyder's addiction to the sexy FA pick up + $20 Million in cap space = Nnamdi will be in a Skins Uni this time next month.
    Nnamdi will be headed to Houston, HoustonRaven

Blog Entries

What's the possibility of Foxworth being released? As far as I'm concerned he can hop on the plane with Landry on the way out of here.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    What's the possibility of Foxworth being released? As far as I'm concerned he can hop on the plane with Landry on the way out of here.
    I don't think the Ravens are going to cut Foxworth, it could happen but not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    The only way I see them releasing Foxworth is IF .........sorry......... they sign another CB. In that case, they'd need the Cap space provided by Foxworth's release (and the cash) to sign the new CB.

Since I think that pretty unlikely, I'd say that Foxworth is staying.

Blog Entries

That's what I figured...I'd really like to keep Wilson though.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

We need to resign Wilson, McClain and Yanda. To do that we'll have to get Ngata signed long term, which should free up roughly six million. That's not a lot so we'll have to release some players.

I'm a bit confused if the dead money is subtracted from the savings gained. If not things aren't quite as bleak as they look. Releasing Gregg, McGhee and Foxworth would net us around 14 million in savings. Add that to Ngata's cap number dropping to from 12 to 6 and we have 20 million to spend on our own free agents and possibly a pass rusher.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post

As soon as Al wakes up and Tony gets back from sea or whichever comes first.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-19-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    The only way I see them releasing Foxworth is IF .........sorry......... they sign another CB. In that case, they'd need the Cap space provided by Foxworth's release (and the cash) to sign the new CB.

Since I think that pretty unlikely, I'd say that Foxworth is staying.
    If Foxworth ever was released I wonder if he would perceive it as a performance issue as opposed to a union issue. Kevin Mawae last year was saying that he was unable to get a NFL job because of his role in the union. Even at 40 he refused to believe it was performance based.