Blog Entries

Abortion law aborted in Ohio?

Seems that way, at least its a realistic compromise?!?

Once heartbeat is detected, any abortion would be illegal...and lets not forget how Dear Leader feels about abortions.

I also like that Gov Kasich passed this CCW law as well. The Peoples Republic of Maryland could use someone like him!
    Last edited by 4G63; 07-02-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Abortion law aborted in Ohio?

at least its a realistic compromise

Except a heartbeat can be detected by transvaginal ultrasound after about 5 weeks. The heart is one of the first organs to develop. Before a brain or limbs or eyes.

For the record, this is what a fetus looks like at 5 weeks:

Hardly what I would call a human being yet. Understand that at 5 weeks, the brain has not even formed. In some cases the umbilical cord hasn't even formed, but apparently to you, this is a life that has more right to occupy the inside of say, a woman who was raped and is now carrying her rapist's offspring inside her than she does to remove it. (Oh yea, the Ohio legislation has no exception for rape victims.)

Compromise, this isn't.

I'm not "in favor" of abortion. It's not one of the factors that determines who I vote for pro or con. I know that I will never have to chose whether or not I want to serve as host for another human being for 40 weeks. Since I will never have to undergo that risky, painful, and in some cases (our aforementioned rape victim) traumatizing situation, I don't feel it appropriate to set the rules for the people that do have to shoulder that burden.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Except a heartbeat can be detected by transvaginal ultrasound after about 5 weeks. The heart is one of the first organs to develop. Before a brain or limbs or eyes.

For the record, this is what a fetus looks like at 5 weeks:

Hardly what I would call a human being yet. Understand that at 5 weeks, the brain has not even formed. In some cases the umbilical cord hasn't even formed, but apparently to you, this is a life that has more right to occupy the inside of say, a woman who was raped and is now carrying her rapist's offspring inside her than she does to remove it. (Oh yea, the Ohio legislation has no exception for rape victims.)

Compromise, this isn't.

I'm not "in favor" of abortion. It's not one of the factors that determines who I vote for pro or con. I know that I will never have to chose whether or not I want to serve as host for another human being for 40 weeks. Since I will never have to undergo that risky, painful, and in some cases (our aforementioned rape victim) traumatizing situation, I don't feel it appropriate to set the rules for the people that do have to shoulder that burden.
    Really?

NorLevo. You don't think your wife, sister, girlfriend, daughter, girl down the street, whatever female you can think of aren't going to take emergency action to prevent your scenario from coming to fruition? If my wife is (God forbid) raped, you can be damn sure she'll be taking it or something like it!

And just so you know, I'm pro-choice so that's why I think this makes a good compromise for both sides.