Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 29303132 LastLast

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    It's like a car wreck. I can't help but look.

My favorite recent quote from over there:

"I know how good Foxworth is. I saw him carved up by fitzpatrick last year."

:grbac:
    Well, that was a Bills fan who obviously didn't know the Ravens. At least he wasn't being a jerk.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Indeed it is. They are eating their own young over there lol.
    Today there are no less than 4 mods engaged in open conversation on one thread, defending their inaction. Where were they when nearly a hundred posters were asking them for help for a week before finally deciding to skedaddle en masse?

The funny thing is OriginalColtsFan/FRF, Raidersofthelost and Lindor are telling the Mods that they were the ones being abused and bullied. :D
    I don't know why TA doesn't just make a non-Raven football forum like they have here and move posts about other teams over there. For awhile half the threads were about the Steelers. Like who really cares??

They need to appoint an established Raven poster as a mod to just police that board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    They need to appoint an established Raven poster as a mod to just police that board.
    The last six months before moving over here, I bombarded TA and the mods with requests to do just that, all of which were roundly ignored.

This would lead one to conclude that either

a) They just don't give a shit and are running the forums strictly as a way to get advertising revenue.

b) They don't want to give mod power to anyone not in the mold of their current mods (ie a bunch of lefties who spend their time mentally masturbating in the cesspool that is the Locals / Nationals forums).

Pick your poison......
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mindless lemming View Post
    The last six months before moving over here, I bombarded TA and the mods with requests to do just that, all of which were roundly ignored.

This would lead one to conclude that either

a) They just don't give a shit and are running the forums strictly as a way to get advertising revenue.

b) They don't want to give mod power to anyone not in the mold of their current mods (ie a bunch of lefties who spend their time mentally masturbating in the cesspool that is the Locals / Nationals forums).

Pick your poison......
    C) They are assholes.

Blog Entries

thought I'd drop by the sunboard... posters and trolls arguing with mods; that's kind of a new one http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=302692

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

6. Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

I'd like to give that BaltiMatt a smack

I lurked at Sunspot for the longest time before actually posting (wakaflaccoflame was my handle). Like everyone else I got fed up with the trolling and blatant lack of moderation. Looking forward to a great season and even better discussion with everyone.

As with Tony and the other veteran forum members who used to be Sunspot posters from a while back, I am pleased to see a lot of the better members coming over and becoming part of our "family", and I hope you guys will get the same enjoyment out of 24x7 that folks like I have for the 5 years I've been here.

But after reading that thread that Ravenswintitle posted (and I read the whole thing), I need to ask this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    I'd like to give that BaltiMatt a smack
    So, I'm curious. You came here and I believe you've been treated as well as anyone else. Yet you went back to Sunspot and said:

"24x7 is like a love in. While it is great to have an on point discussion without a lot of nonsense, it is the opposite of this board. It is over-moderated. A lot of our old posters also need to have their lips surgically removed from Tony Lombardi's ***, and all their butt kissing is nauseating."

I like to think I'm not really petty when it comes to things but I know those of us who are moderators, and make no mistake I have only been a moderator a very short time, take a great amount of pride in helping to make this forum a place where people can have discussions AND debates without all the crap that drove the Sunspot folks over here.

Before you go somewhere else and trash our forum, maybe you should take a little time to understand WHY we moderate as much as we do. It's so you don't ever SEE a thread called "Moderators should be ashamed of themselves," here.

I'll speak completely and solely for myself at this point. I'd appreciate if you didn't come here, take part of what we do here, then go back to Sunspot to trash us, then come back here to trash them. I'm not saying choose one forum or the other. If you have a problem with one of the mods or the way the board is run; you can PM me or Houston, PSU, Mista T, Greg, BurtJonesMyHero, Admin Steve, Tony, etc;. But don't two-face us. I personally as an original forum member have a problem with that.

9. Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    As with Tony and the other veteran forum members who used to be Sunspot posters from a while back, I am pleased to see a lot of the better members coming over and becoming part of our "family", and I hope you guys will get the same enjoyment out of 24x7 that folks like I have for the 5 years I've been here.

But after reading that thread that Ravenswintitle posted (and I read the whole thing), I need to ask this question.

So, I'm curious. You came here and I believe you've been treated as well as anyone else. Yet you went back to Sunspot and said:

"24x7 is like a love in. While it is great to have an on point discussion without a lot of nonsense, it is the opposite of this board. It is over-moderated. A lot of our old posters also need to have their lips surgically removed from Tony Lombardi's ***, and all their butt kissing is nauseating."

I like to think I'm not really petty when it comes to things but I know those of us who are moderators, and make no mistake I have only been a moderator a very short time, take a great amount of pride in helping to make this forum a place where people can have discussions AND debates without all the crap that drove the Sunspot folks over here.

Before you go somewhere else and trash our forum, maybe you should take a little time to understand WHY we moderate as much as we do. It's so you don't ever SEE a thread called "Moderators should be ashamed of themselves," here.

I'll speak completely and solely for myself at this point. I'd appreciate if you didn't come here, take part of what we do here, then go back to Sunspot to trash us, then come back here to trash them. I'm not saying choose one forum or the other. If you have a problem with one of the mods or the way the board is run; you can PM me or Houston, PSU, Mista T, Greg, BurtJonesMyHero, Admin Steve, Tony, etc;. But don't two-face us. I personally as an original forum member have a problem with that.
    Look pal, I just want to talk about football. There are things I don't like about both boards, but this board is better. If I abide by your rules I see no reason for the attitude. Run your board whatever way you want but I'm not the kind of guy who sucks up to moderators because they're moderators. If you had a problem with me you could have sent me a PM, and we could discussed this privately. You didn't though, so allow me to say my peace in front of everyone also so hopefully we can come to an understanding.

My main criticism of "over-moderating" simply has to do with threads not specifically about the Ravens that always get sent to some sub-forum that nobody ever goes to. I think a lot of good discussion gets lost here in favor of homerism. But like I said, I'm not here to try and tell you how to run your board, or give you unsolicited suggestions on how to improve it. You have to know it isn't perfect though. I should have said it more delicately so I wouldn't offend anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Look pal, I just want to talk about football. There are things I don't like about both boards, but this board is better. If I abide by your rules I see no reason for the attitude. Run your board whatever way you want but I'm not the kind of guy who sucks up to moderators because they're moderators. If you had a problem with me you could have sent me a PM, and we could discussed this privately. You didn't though, so allow me to say my peace in front of everyone also so hopefully we can come to an understanding.
    Well to be perfectly honest I gave you the same courtesy you gave us. As is said we take pride in what we have built here and I'm simply requesting you not trash us like that considering you seem to enjoy being here. But I said my peace on this, and yes as long as you abide by the rules you are absolutely welcome here. Sound good, pal? ;)

My main criticism of "over-moderating" simply has to do with threads not specifically about the Ravens that always get sent to some sub-forum that nobody ever goes to. I think a lot of good discussion gets lost here in favor of homerism. But like I said, I'm not here to try and tell you how to run your board, or give you unsolicited suggestions on how to improve it. You have to know it isn't perfect though. I should have said it more delicately so I wouldn't offend anybody.
    Well, while I am sure there are no perfect forums, we have reasons for doing what we do. The non-Ravens forums are just as accessible as the Ravens forum is, and its done to keep the clutter down. The homerism thing I don't think I understand, but ok. Don't know what to tell you there.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on this subject. Enjoy your stay.

Blog Entries

Holy shit did I step in it. I followed that link back to that 'place'. I'm not sure when I became a member here, I think it was when I returned from Europe about two months ago, plus being in Europe a month, put me right in that mass exodus here.

I made the decision to post here only and let that place go. A sun is a star, many of them collapse upon themselves and turn into a black hole. That is what that place has become, a black hole.

I'm not above being dragged down. You fight with trolls, you'll find yourself becoming one, savaging one another.

Funny thing is, if you police yourself and keep from attacking anyone, it is pretty liberal around here. You can post pics, videos, signatures, and swear. If you really want to go crazy there is a "war-sub" here where people can beat the hell out of each other to their hearts content.

And for the lurkers who I am sure think me and many have sold out, evolve. There's nothing wrong with a well run board versus the Wild West, which can't be that wild if you can't say shit without a ****

Sadly, I was also once a Sunspot forum poster. Just like at one time before the trolls took over I was a heavy Scout poster. Especially with Sunspot it's really sad to see what it's become; especially considering it's the official forums of the Baltimore Sun.

When this place opened it was a great time to start fresh and try to have a place where you just talked Ravens without all the other BS and trolling that happened in those forums. And while we had to deal with Old19fan for a little bit, even he went away eventually and this place started to grow.

Captain, you hit the nail on the head. Sunspot has turned into a black hole. And it's sad to see happen.