Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kindle cleared?

Kindle cleared?

When Preston casually mentioned that Kindle "has been cleared to play by almost every medical expert in Baltimore", I sort of dismissed it because no one else has said a thing. I found this Q & A with a San Antonio reporter where Sergio himself says that he has been cleared. Did I miss the memo?

Now, I realize that in the big picture this may mean very little as he still has not had any contact, but it is a first step to a possible return.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...le-1420372.php

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...4154010.column

Re: Kindle cleared?

When Preston casually mentioned that Kindle "has been cleared to play by almost every medical expert in Baltimore", I sort of dismissed it because no one else has said a thing. I found this Q & A with a San Antonio reporter where Sergio himself says that he has been cleared. Did I miss the memo?

Now, I realize that in the big picture this may mean very little as he still has not had any contact, but it is a first step to a possible return.
    It's true...Kindle has been medically cleared to play.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

There is some good news. Now let's lift this lockout and get him on the field.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Nice!

Yeah, very nice.

I remember hearing at the end of last year that he looked "ready to bust out of a phone booth" he was in such good shape.

We want to get him on the field. Having a season to study the playbook should help some too.

I never thought it was as questionable as some made it out to be. big Jen smashed his skull on a windshield and did not even miss the season.

Obviously it took a while to heal and they were going to be very carefull, but other guys have recoverd from skull fractures.

I just hope he can play well. He was a beast at UT and we need rushers.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I never thought it was as questionable as some made it out to be. big Jen smashed his skull on a windshield and did not even miss the season.

Obviously it took a while to heal and they were going to be very carefull, but other guys have recoverd from skull fractures.

I just hope he can play well. He was a beast at UT and we need rushers.
    I agree...I get the concern, but a lot of people were acting as if there were just a small chance he'd be able to play. Not only can you use Ben as an example, but Ken Hamlen fractured his skull in a car accident and not only did they come back to play, but both were pro bowl players after the injuries.

The question now is will he be the player that he was before.

In the Texas article, he states that he can hardly hear out of his left ear. That does not sound like a full recovery to me. I would think the ability to hear well is important in a game, particularly if a team captain is changing a play at the line. Also, hearing well contributes to your ability to balance yourself and not become dizzy. It will be interesting to see what happens in training camp.

Time will tell whether he returns 100% to his old college form.

I think there's a reason Tony wrote this:

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    It's true...Kindle has been medically cleared to play.
    and not this:

Quote Originally Posted by What TL didn't write
    It's true...Kindle has been cleared to play and it looks like he's ready to go.
    I hope I'm wrong (wish I had a dollar for every time I wrote that), I'll choose to be skeptical for awhile yet.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

We will see, hopefully he can play special teams and gives us some sub package snaps as a pass rusher in year 1. Ken Hamlin came back from a fractured skull, it happened in 10/05" and he signed with Dallas 3/07" and ended up making the pro bowl that year. It's possible, we will have to see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-100-percent/

Kindle confirms he is ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    ... and Kindle's own diagnosis/prognosis/prediction is worthless. It's one thing to be "medically cleared to play." It's another to be ready to play and I think there's a reason we are hearing one but not the other.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.