Football Gameplan's Draft Grades Video - Baltimore Ravens

Ravens Draft Grades Video

Good Afternoon Ravens Fans! Here's my Draft Grades Video! Enjoy!

Em

Re: Football Gameplan's Draft Grades Video - Baltimore Ravens

I give your video a C-. You at least had a little bit of highlights and knew who the players were but here is what I did not like about your take.

Oz always drafts for value over need. It should be even more so with the draft coming before free agency, where the Ravens usually go to fill the needs.

I thought this draft actually did a pretty good job of filling needs and getting good value. What needs do you think they should have addressed and did not and who should they have picked intead of the guy they did at a certian spot?

I understand not every scout was sold on Torrey Smith, but if the knock on him is he is a bit of a body catcher and not that he drops passes he should catch, I like it. IMO he was the WR the Ravens needed the most. A speed guy on the outside with hands that also has the ability tomake moves and get YAC. I know MD is not WR U or anything but Smith does own the all purpose yardage record and had a pretty solid Jr season. I was a big fan of his before the draft, was not sure if he was the BPA at pick 26, but love his value in round 2. Also he was dealing with some ankle issues as well as a freshman QB that did not play all that well at first.

I doubt he comes in as a rookie and is a game changer (very few 2nd rd rookie Wrs are), but I like his long term potential, and a year playing behind Mason and Boldin should do a lot for his development. Hopefully our rookie Wrs at least make the kind of impact the steeler rookies did last year.

For the most part this draft represnts depth for the Ravens. I expect/ hope that only Jimmy Smith is a day 1 starter. The other guys should all make the team and many could see some pt, but like most drafts any grade that is less than 3 years later is sort of silly.

I think it is time to give an A+ to the 2008 draft that brought in Flacco, Rice, Zbi, Nakamura, Koch, and Gooden.

:T2: