Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: 729 And Counting

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    So Obama lied when he said "If you like your insurance you'll be able to keep your insurance"?

Well at least its good to know a whole state is exempt:

Maine gets first state waiver from healthcare law provision

correct me if I am wrong but if Maine gets this wouldn't they HAVE to offer this to every state?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    correct me if I am wrong but if Maine gets this wouldn't they HAVE to offer this to every state?
    I would think so but I'm just a dumb firefighter.

From the article: "...The Maine Bureau of Insurance in December asked to retain its existing 65 percent ratio, arguing that a higher ratio would disrupt its market..."

Its market? Its a shame that the insurance market isn't allowed across all 50 states and it would drive down costs on its own. If your employer can save $150/month per employee for the same HC in Iowa versus MD, why not?

Healthcare would probably be around $400-500/month for a family if this were possible because you'd have large pools of people contributing, just like car insurance.

Blog Entries

I would think so but I'm just a dumb firefighter.

From the article: "...The Maine Bureau of Insurance in December asked to retain its existing 65 percent ratio, arguing that a higher ratio would disrupt its market..."

Its market? Its a shame that the insurance market isn't allowed across all 50 states and it would drive down costs on its own. If your employer can save $150/month per employee for the same HC in Iowa versus MD, why not?

Healthcare would probably be around $400-500/month for a family if this were possible because you'd have large pools of people contributing, just like car insurance.
    But that makes too much sense. And leads me to another question. Congress passed this on the basis it was regulating interstate commerce. But how does that work when it's not sold across state lines?

BTW Galen - I ask cause I don't pretend to know everything lie you do.

you just made a perfect case for the mandate....single payer...public option...etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    you just made a perfect case for the mandate....single payer...public option...etc.
    And what about the ones who don't pay taxes now? How do they contribute? If someone on Section 8 housing pays $20/month for a 2-bedroom apartment are you going to expect them to pay $400/month for care for their family?

I forgot, just tax everyone who makes over $250,000 at 90% and that'll pay for everything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    How does selling insurance over state lines creating larger pools make a case for single payer?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How does selling insurance over state lines creating larger pools make a case for single payer?
    ahhh...single payer would completely nullify all state lines and create the largest pool possible.

As long as EVERY citizen pays exactly the same amount with no deductions or exemptions.
    “Ed Reed for President! I figure if Ed Reed can get eight interceptions in 10 games, he can fix world peace." - Jameel McClain