Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade for Redskins 6th pick

Is it worth the Ravens putting a package together to try to get the Redskins 1st round pick which is 6th ? I understand the Redskins are very short on the picks after the 1st round. Would like to get some thoughts on some site members.

It might be something to look into

Re: Trade for Redskins 6th pick

they'd probably take kyle boller and evan oglesby for the pick, knowing the redskins.

Interesting thought.

Assuming we're actually considering something in a make-believe world, I'd not do it unless I could get Joe Thomas.

The cost to move from 29 to 6 would be multiple 1st round picks - probably 3 - and/or a great player and a combination of picks.

It's simply not going to happen.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Perhaps we could trade them our 29th for their 6th on the condition that Oz would make the pick for the Skins.

Oz could pick a better player at 29 than that joke of a franchise could at 6.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Blog Entries

the redskins tend to value FA/vet players over drafting players. Therefore, I find it unlikely they would be looking to pickup more draft picks, unless they were planning to use them to go after another high profile trade or something like that.

so I would say no, based on the combination of lack of interest from the Redskins and the high cost of moving up that high.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Part of the reason the Redskins constantly suck is cause they give later round picks away like they're worthless. This as opposed to the good teams who treat these later choices as important and often look to pick up more of them.

Trading up from 29 to 6 would basically cost our whole draft and probably more next year. Forget it...there's no one that ever could be worth that much.

- C -

The Deadskins just don't give away late round picks. This year, they have picks in rounds 1, 5, 6 (2 picks in this round), and 7.

Last year, they had picks in rounds 2, 5, 6 (2 picks), and 7 (2 picks). They didn't have a 1st round pick last year because they traded up to pick Jason Campbell.

They obviously don't value draft picks at all which in the salary cap era is just plain stupid.

With that said, there's absolutely no way we trade up with the Deadskins for the #6 pick.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Picking at 29 has its advantages over picking at 6. Namely, the cap a 6 costs compared to a 29. Picking at 6 could cost us a T. Suggs or Ed Reed or Ngata later. If we stay away from needs picks and just go BPA and the scouts keep doing their homework picking late is better than picking early.

the redskins wanted to trade their 6th for chicago's 31st and lance briggs. they prolly would've taken AD and the 29th as well.
    O's, Stroh's and Nappy Ho's

If the Redskins wanted AD, they could have just signed him They did not need to trade for him.

i heard the DID want him. and had we franchised him they would have HAD to trade for him. i know tony mentioned it in his april fools article - but i think it could have been.
    O's, Stroh's and Nappy Ho's