Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mourning Period

Blog Entries

Mourning Period

Everyone I'm sure is ready to do any number of things to blow up this team. I'm pretty sure I've cursed just about every player on this team once in the last 4 hours...

I'm going to take a week away...I need to get this stink out of my system. I know right now that any suggestion I make is foolish. I'd advise many of you to do the same. We have a LONG offseason to scream at this team (and the NFL when the lockout that's building surely comes), we can give this a week to just simmer down a bit.

For now...thank you Ravens for the 13-4 season you gave us before this game. For all our complaints, it left me entertained and proud. I will omit this game for now, until I can get a clearer head on it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Mourning Period

Anyone who suggests we "blow up the team" is a fool.
    Will I be upset if Mattison or Cam leave? No. But the core group is there to make a playoff run next year as well.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Anyone who suggests we "blow up the team" is a fool.
    Will I be upset if Mattison or Cam leave? No. But the core group is there to make a playoff run next year as well.
    Blow up is a strong word but their is no doubt the window is closing or has closed for alot of that core group.

This Ravens team will look very different next year.

As for taking a break. I am over it. The best way for me to get over it is to look to the future, not take a break. But to each his own.

No reason to blow up the team after a 12-4 year. If not for a couple of fluke plays during the year this game would've been in Baltimore and the Ravens may have won with the home field advantage.

Look we had a 6 day rest and the Steelers had 14 days off. That may have had something to do with the 2nd half tonight.

I do think Cam should be replaced. This probably should have happened during the year.

I think it's a safe bet Cam is gone... If I were him I don't even know if I'd wanna stay knowing the whole city is against me.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

IMO, its clear to me we need to jettison the OL coach and Cameron. It is also clear we need some young, fast blood at WR. The rest of the NFL seems able to come up with young, quick WRs. Reed may be a good one, but we need more.

Blog Entries

I think I'd feel a little better if that stupid NFL lockout wasn't hanging in the air...

Right now, it appears that all these changes Ravens need to make...well, we might be waiting TWO years for it. And you can bet if there's a lockout for a full year, Ray is probably gone, Reed might be gone...all the elder vets, GONE.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    No reason to blow up the team after a 12-4 year. If not for a couple of fluke plays during the year this game would've been in Baltimore and the Ravens may have won with the home field advantage.

Look we had a 6 day rest and the Steelers had 14 days off. That may have had something to do with the 2nd half tonight.

I do think Cam should be replaced. This probably should have happened during the year.
    Excuses, excuses. We hear them every time the Ravens blow a game to Pittsburgh. Like I said I am over it.

But the point about this team looking different next year still stands. We literally have question marks at every position going into next year. Quick glimpse:

QB- Flacco stays put obviously but does Bulger come back

RB- McClain is a FA, McGahee's salary jumps to like 6 million, and Rice is entering the final year of his deal. Do we keep McClain, does he even want to come back? What do we do with McGahee

TE- Has Heap played his last season? There were questions about that before the season I doubt they disappear now.

OL- This group needs work half the line is playing out of position.

WR- Does Mason retire, if not do we even want him back? Does Stallworth and Houshmanzadeh stay? If not who takes their place.

DL- Ngata is going to command a huge deal. Is Gregg on his last leg, is he still worthy of a roster spot?

LB- Will Lewis hang it up? If so who replaces him? If not, who plays next to him Ellerbe, Gooden and McClain havent exactly blown people away.

CB- Can Foxworth return from that injury? Carr, Wilson, and Washington are free agents. Who do we keep? How do we upgrade because we obviously need to.

S- 3 of the 4 are FA and the other one is probably going to reconsider retirement.

Insult to injury, Kock and Cundiff are both FA, although I expect them both to return.

Obviously, you can find lots of questions for every team every offseason but going into last season this team didnt have this many questions at this many positions.

jesus cory, now i'm really sickend maybe you should do the drafting .

Blog Entries

I'm very thankful that NONE of us on here, including myself, runs this team...

Although many may claim otherwise, Ozzie knows better than all of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Everyone I'm sure is ready to do any number of things to blow up this team. I'm pretty sure I've cursed just about every player on this team once in the last 4 hours...

I'm going to take a week away...I need to get this stink out of my system. I know right now that any suggestion I make is foolish. I'd advise many of you to do the same. We have a LONG offseason to scream at this team (and the NFL when the lockout that's building surely comes), we can give this a week to just simmer down a bit.

For now...thank you Ravens for the 13-4 season you gave us before this game. For all our complaints, it left me entertained and proud. I will omit this game for now, until I can get a clearer head on it.
    :word

Blog Entries

I am not saying I should run the team. Just pointing out the many difficult decisions that Ozzie and crew have to make this off season.

I think this team will see some major changes and I think anyone who believes the Ravens will just keep this core group of guys and add to it is deluding themselves. There is a very good chance that our starting 22 looks very different next season.