Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh Bengals

Uh Oh Bengals

Looking like they have life after all against the Chargers...

I was kind of hoping they would still be reeling and falling apart next week.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: Uh Oh Bengals

They are pesky. I never expected them to lay down, but did sort of suspect they may blow up.

I wonder how they will flex the schedule. If the Steelers beat the Browns then the game does not matter at all so I suspect they make us play first, maybe at the same time.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    They are pesky. I never expected them to lay down, but did sort of suspect they may blow up.

I wonder how they will flex the schedule. If the Steelers beat the Browns then the game does not matter at all so I suspect they make us play first, maybe at the same time.
    I was wondering the same thing. The only way to ensure both teams play all out is to play the games at the same time and for some unfortunate stroke of luck we lose than Pitt has no reason to play vs. Cleveland.

Either way I am not worried about the Bengals. We are better than we were before, we play better at home and the Chargers frankly are not as good as people think, and thats not opinion their record says that.

The guys are playing not for pride, but for film to give for next year. Next week, expect more of the same with the trickery and the go all out playcalling from them too. I really don't want anyone getting hurt because of reckless play from a team with nothing to lose. I hope that their motivation against the Chargers was knocking them from the playoff chase, but for our game would be to keep us from possibly being the division winners. Not scared, just mindful.

Or Carson could be playing to show prospective teams next year that he still has "it".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Either way I am not worried about the Bengals. We are better than we were before, we play better at home and the Chargers frankly are not as good as people think, and thats not opinion their record says that.
    Doesn't Palmer have an insanely good record at M&T Bank Stadium?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

6. Re: Uh Oh Bengals

TO and Ochocinco were out. I guess they were forced to go back to a ground-based attack with a dangerous play action passing game to mix in. It's funny that it took 15 weeks and three injured WRs for it to get to that point.

Ironic that by subtracting diva WR's = winning. Who else has done that recently? Doesn't bode well for pass catching loudmouths with the CBA on the horizon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Doesn't Palmer have an insanely good record at M&T Bank Stadium?
    He does and he gets way to much credit for it. I can only remember Palmer killing our defense in our house once. More often than not he looks mediocre at best and got the win because of sub par performances by the Ravens offense.

Palmer does nothing special against the Ravens. Marvin Lewis just becomes a defensive guru when he faces Ravens offenses.

Blog Entries

The worst part is the Steelers play at the same time as Ravens...if they won an earlier game, I'd say the best strategy is to rest your starters, just kind've throw the game to make sure everyone is healthy for a road game, since we've all but wrapped up 5th seed by now (Jets are a game behind us, so a loss next week combined with Jets win STILL gives Ravens the higher seed).

But yeah, to be honest...this Cincy game scared me more than the Cleveland game today. Cincy has had our number, as evidenced by their win over us early in the year, sweeping last year, etc. Hopefully, we can contain Benson like we did Hillis and force Palmer to throw a couple like McCoy did.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    The guys are playing not for pride, but for film to give for next year.
    Don't underestimate pride. To Cincinatti we are a division rival, a team that they feel like they "own", and have a chance to keep us from being AFC North champions and the #2 seed.

There is an AWFUL lot of pride the Bengals can bring to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    TO and Ochocinco were out. I guess they were forced to go back to a ground-based attack with a dangerous play action passing game to mix in. It's funny that it took 15 weeks and three injured WRs for it to get to that point.
    Ha. Timing is everything.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I wonder how they will flex the schedule.
    You do?

They can't flex the schedule for week 17.

It has to be done at least 12 days in advance.

Been a rule for awhile.

PP