Thread: Saftey?

Saftey?

wasn't really sure, that josh Wilson pick because he picked it off at around the 2 and moved into the endzone and got hit is that not a saftey?

Re: Saftey?

By rule, momentum carried him into the EZ so they give him the ball where it was caught. It was actually the 8 or 9 yard line but we got a bad spot.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    By rule, momentum carried him into the EZ so they give him the ball where it was caught. It was actually the 8 or 9 yard line but we got a bad spot.
    Gotcha.

It's not where it was caught, but where the defender grabs him.

It was a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's not where it was caught, but where the defender grabs him.

It was a good spot.
    this
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I thought the officiating last night was the best we've seen all year. We got a couple of breaks, but so did the Steelers, and they were all of the "let the players play" variety.

Speaking of officiating, what the heck was up with Harbs' decision to challenge the spot in the 1st half? That was weird.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I thought the officiating last night was the best we've seen all year. We got a couple of breaks, but so did the Steelers, and they were all of the "let the players play" variety.

Speaking of officiating, what the heck was up with Harbs' decision to challenge the spot in the 1st half? That was weird.
    And he didnt challenge the biggest play of the game. How the hell do you not have them look at that fumble?

Blog Entries

When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be about Nakamura. Two big errors in the game by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    And he didnt challenge the biggest play of the game. How the hell do you not have them look at that fumble?
    That was a fumble & 2d half T/Os are precious. I can understand that decision. The alternative is to challenge it & hope they get it wrong and reverse the call, which can happen, but I'd rather have the T/O.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

That was a fumble & 2d half T/Os are precious. I can understand that decision. The alternative is to challenge it & hope they get it wrong and reverse the call, which can happen, but I'd rather have the T/O.
    The time out that they burned on defense just to give up the game winning TD anyway? With the way Harbs mismanages his TO's you might as well take a chance on the challenge. At the very least you stall the Steelers momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The time out that they burned on defense just to give up the game winning TD anyway? With the way Harbs mismanages his TO's you might as well take a chance on the challenge. At the very least you stall the Steelers momentum.
    *chuckle* I don't know if you're serious but that's a funny thought. "I'm so incompetent with managing the clock from the sideline that I should burn a timeout on a crappy replay challenge."
    Festivus

Blog Entries

*chuckle* I don't know if you're serious but that's a funny thought. "I'm so incompetent with managing the clock from the sideline that I should burn a timeout on a crappy replay challenge."
    Yeah, I am only half joking. That play was the game. If your willing to challenge a 1st down conversion, where the ball cant even be spotted. You'd better be willing to challenge a play that puts your team at a serious disadvantage.