Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

What is going on with Peyton Manning?

7 picks in two weeks!

In last 4 games, he's 9 TDs, 9 INTs...
    Just got SPANKED at home vs Chargers
    Colts has first season since 2002 with less than 12 wins

Is age finally catching up with him?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: What is going on with Peyton Manning?

Is his entire offensive starting lineup being hurt starting to get to him...yes.

What's going on with Peyton? I can sum it up in three words: Collie and Clark

Injuries in general.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Good point...he was okay in the week after the bye, but it was against Houston.

But Tamme seems to be playing well enough in Clark's abscence...and Blair White and Pierre Garcon seem to be stepping up.

I'd probably blame it more on the lack of a running game and the D giving up too much. Peyton is having to be a gunslinger and force throws. His completion percentages are not that bad in that time frame, avergaing 60+% still...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The OL is allowing him to get hit and rushed on his throws.

No threat in the running game. Not a very good OL in general and his security blanket and matchup nightmare Clarke is out.

I never though he was a walk on water type of Qb in the first place. If our O would have taken care of buis in 2006 he would still be can't win the big game Manning. He is a stat sheet stuffer and makes a ton a great throws, but he is not the most clutch of the elite QBs. He still has avery long way to go to catch up to Brady, and I would put him right in the middle of the elite pack, maybe behind Brees and Rivers, just a little ahead of Rodgers, Ryan and our guy Joe Flacco.

It is still a team game, and his team is not very good right now because of all the injuries.

He should provide some perspective on Flacco's imperfections though. It is not as easy as he has made it look at times. The weapons and the protection have to be there along with a D that is getting stops and creating some TOs for him.

:T2:

Manning has never been able to win games on his own, even back in Tennessee. A week or so back NFL channel had a piece on who was the better QB, Brady or Manning. They listed all of the first round talent the Colts surrounded Payton with compared to the scrubs Brady has to work with. And yes, outside of Moss, Brady has never had a "great" receiver to work with. Welker is a good player, no doubt, but nobody knew his name until he signed with the Pats. Branch was a probowl caliber receiver while in New England and fell off the map with the Seahawks.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Manning has never been able to win games on his own, even back in Tennessee. A week or so back NFL channel had a piece on who was the better QB, Brady or Manning. They listed all of the first round talent the Colts surrounded Payton with compared to the scrubs Brady has to work with. And yes, outside of Moss, Brady has never had a "great" receiver to work with. Welker is a good player, no doubt, but nobody knew his name until he signed with the Pats. Branch was a probowl caliber receiver while in New England and fell off the map with the Seahawks.
    Brady had B. BB knows how to get the most out of lower round talent. He gave him a legit run game. He gave him a legit defense.

Outside of Peyton the colts are pretty much trash.

10. Re: What is going on with Peyton Manning?

I still don't want to face the dude in the playoffs. Well, wait, it's not Peyton we can't beat. It's their defense that morphs into the 85 Bears every time they face us. Or is it we who morph into the 78 Bucs? :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragz View Post
    What's going on with Peyton? I can sum it up in three words: Collie and Clark
    Wow...you clearly haven't seen the Colts play.

Their OL is like...horrifically bad. Their starting RG is just about the worst OL I've seen play in about ever...they give him no chance to even make 5 step drops.

And I'm lovin it! Keep them out of the playoffs and let the Chiefs keep winning to keep the Chargers out, please! WC should be loser of the East and North.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Wow...you clearly haven't seen the Colts play.
    Huh? The Garcon dropped passes and trying to force throws to Eldridge and Blair White, yeah I've seen the Colts play. Clark is a mis-match on linebackers, which is his strength and that gives Peyton a leg up on defenses. Austin Collie is a good, young wide receiver that can pick up yards at any time. If you're going to tell me that Dallas Clark and Austin Collie have nothing to do with what's happening to Peyton, I don't know what to say...