Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

O Hai Bucs Trollz

You guys were saying?
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Re: O Hai Bucs Trollz

As predicted before, I think they will say "well, we sure made it a game didn't we? ON THE ROAD...against a 'clearly better' team...so yeah, we won this one really"

Look, most of us predicted a close, tough game. Ravens took control in first half, Freeman looked DAMN good running the no huddle, but our offense was up to the task to end this game today...

Blown calls on both sides will be a big argument too...phantom PI call on TB on the Mason TD drive, but then a phantom hold on the Rice TD, AND a mysterious overturn on the Freeman INT.

AmericanMuscle ate his crow in the other thread. Said our defense got after freeman really well.

Blog Entries

The Redding play didn't look like an int at all to me.

I'm more bothered by the clear lack of DPI against Ruud.

Blog Entries

Frankly comparing Freeman to Flacco right now is an insult to Flacco. Freeman looked like utter trash for the vast majority of that game. And he was fortunate to have Reed drop not 1 but 2 pics on the same drive and have Ray Lewis pull that int away from Redding. His stat line is bad but he played a heck of a lot worse than it looks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    The Redding play didn't look like an int at all to me.

I'm more bothered by the clear lack of DPI against Ruud.
    Yeah, we have Ray to blame for that one. Redding had it in his grasp and Ray is the one that knocked it out. Heat of the moment type thing but would have been nice if he wasnt so aggressive that one time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Frankly comparing Freeman to Flacco right now is an insult to Flacco. Freeman looked like utter trash for the vast majority of that game. And he was fortunate to have Reed drop not 1 but 2 pics on the same drive and have Ray Lewis pull that int away from Redding. His stat line is bad but he played a heck of a lot worse than it looks.
    At the same time, you have to respect that a couple plays were beauties that his receivers didn't make plays on.

Namely, the Spurlock non-TD...bad coverage, perfect throw, WR just got turned around and made a poor attempt to catch. That was a SURE TD.

I think their biggest argument was Freeman's 4QComeback ability...which he showed some on that last drive for them, but it was too little too late, and without the no huddle, he wasn't getting it done against our D.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

I think their biggest argument was Freeman's 4QComeback ability...which he showed some on that last drive for them, but it was too little too late, and without the no huddle, he wasn't getting it done against our D.
    Well, when a team is down 2TDs with half a quarter left, the first no-huddle TD is kind of a given. The Ravens sat back and funneled them into the middle of the field and, even with all they "hurry up" still made them burn about 4 minutes off the clock to get there.

It's the game-tying or game-winning TD drive that matters, and we didn't get to see how that would have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Freeman needs a lot of seasoning to go along with that fantastic physique. He showed some slick movement for such a big guy, but his passing sucked. I don't see him sticking in the big leagues long if he doesn't pass better than what we saw today.

Outside of St. Pierre and perhaps Sanchez, Freeman was the least threatening of all 2010 opponent QBs our team has faced.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

That's a pretty bold statement when we've faced:

Charlie Batch
    Seneca Wallace
    Chad Henne
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Carson Palmer
    Kyle Orton

I'd rate Freeman over at least the top 4 of those, maybe even over the last two as well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

i dont think fitzpatrick is as bad as everyone makes him out to be. if it werent for the worst drop of the year he throws the game winner against the steelers and he definitely didnt look bad against us
    Last edited by bretts; 11-29-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    i dont think fitzpatrick is as bad as everyone makes him out to be. if it werent for the worst drop of the year he throws the game winner against the steelers and he definitely didnt look bad against us
    If it wasn't for the tipped ball that the hairball came up with their second to final drive in the 4th quarter it could have been done with right there... They need to get that man some receivers that can hold on to the ball.