Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ravens 7-3 record.. Happy?

I keep hearing all the criticism of the Ravens and how they aren't playing good football but a wise man once said "Play 500 ball on the road and win at home and the rest will take care of itself." Well folks we are 3 and 3 on the road and undefeated at home, we keep this pace up and we finish 12 - 4. Bad football? I don't think so. Just looking for other opinions.
    Of course this is just my opinion

It is going to be tough to finish strong though since we have fired all of our coaches twice by now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Re: Ravens 7-3 record.. Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    It is going to be tough to finish strong though since we have fired all of our coaches twice by now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    You know I forgot we have fired them all!
    Of course this is just my opinion

How can we be happy when Rex's team keeps getting lucky and has one more victory than we do?

Blog Entries

Well, when you consider we blew 4th qtr leads in 3 of our defeats,
    and Refs gift wrapped 2 defeats, 7-3 ain't so hot. Lombardi wouldn't sand for it
    even if they were on the road and vs elite teams. We shouldn't be tied with
    Pissburgh in AFC-N.

We should be undefeated.

It is what it is. I am not satisfied with the record Only because we can't close teams out, and that bodes poorly heading down the stretch and into the playoffs. If we can somehow manage to develop that ability, then great, this will be a team that goes deep in the playoffs.

My focus right now is for this team to Spank the Steelers again at home in two weeks, and all else will be forgiven.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    How can we be happy when Rex's team keeps getting lucky and has one more victory than we do?
    Because the Ravens can't control what another team does, they can only control themselves.

Obviously I am happy that we are 7-3. Of course we could, and maybe should, have another win or 2 but oh well. You can't dwell on the past because you can't change it.

There is still no one team in the AFC that doesn't have a flaw. As usual I am optimistic that the Ravens defense holds up the rest of the year. With this offense the Ravens can still give up 20 points and win, unlike the past. If our offense every plays an entire 60 minutes at a level they are capable of, the defense could probably give up 30 a game and we would still win.

We are in the thick of the AFC playoff hunt and we lead the AFC North....I am happy!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    and Refs gift wrapped 2 defeats, 7-3 ain't so hot. Lombardi wouldn't sand for it
    Pissburgh in AFC-N.

We should be undefeated.
    We also needed a last-second comeback at Pittsburgh and a nearly-miraculous play by Ray to beat Buffalo, so we could also be 5-5, 3 games behind the Steelers. This isn't Lombardi's NFL; it isn't even the NFL of the early 2000's. It's beginning to remind me of the NBA of the 80's where, no matter what happens, every game is decided in the last 2 minutes.

Let's look at some of the supposed best teams and defenses:

• Jets (8-2): Despite having a "defensive genius", blew a 16-point 4th quarter lead AT HOME to a .500 team. This was 1 week after allowing a 3-7 team to score a last-second TD to force OT. Needed 2 near-miracles to win both games.
    • Pats (8-2): Nearly blew a 17-point 4th quarter lead at home and got blown out by a 3-7 team. Some have called their coach the best of all time (even better than Lombardi).
    • Steelers (7-3): gave up a last-second TD AT HOME to biggest rival to lose a game. Gave up 39 points AT HOME to New England. Many consider their d-coordinator the best in the game.

I feel like the Ravens have put themselves in great position for the rest of the season but something doesn't feel right. Ask me again in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Pissburgh in AFC-N.

We should be undefeated.
    We coulda lost at Pitt. All they had to do was make a first down on their last series and it was game over. The game against Cleveland was close. It took a late TD to Boldin to win. We coulda lost that one with a break or two going the other way. I could list more but why bother?

We are what our record is-no more no less.

As far as blowing 4th quarter leads-with the current NFL rules favoring the offense-I'm surprised when a team DOESN'T come back and score on a last second drive. It happens more and more often. It's almost become the norm for all games.

Satisfactory, but there is always room for improvement.

Still leading the division by the slimmest of margins, beating the teams we are supposed to, but struggling sometimes. There isn't as much room for error as the AFCE has essentially secured a wildcard spot. If we had held off either ATL or NE and were 8-2 I'm sure the board would be happy as a pig in s. Instead we are in the thick of it with more battles to come, and a chink in the armor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by btownraven View Post
    We also needed a last-second comeback at Pittsburgh and a nearly-miraculous play by Ray to beat Buffalo, so we could also be 5-5, 3 games behind the Steelers. This isn't Lombardi's NFL; it isn't even the NFL of the early 2000's. It's beginning to remind me of the NBA of the 80's where, no matter what happens, every game is decided in the last 2 minutes.

Let's look at some of the supposed best teams and defenses:

• Jets (8-2): Despite having a "defensive genius", blew a 16-point 4th quarter lead AT HOME to a .500 team. This was 1 week after allowing a 3-7 team to score a last-second TD to force OT. Needed 2 near-miracles to win both games.
    • Pats (8-2): Nearly blew a 17-point 4th quarter lead at home and got blown out by a 3-7 team. Some have called their coach the best of all time (even better than Lombardi).
    • Steelers (7-3): gave up a last-second TD AT HOME to biggest rival to lose a game. Gave up 39 points AT HOME to New England. Many consider their d-coordinator the best in the game.

Yea, yea, I know all that but Lombardi would still be pissed and
    wouldn't stand for a 45 yd run thru his line and a TD from a QB that
    was even playing football the week before.