Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Classy" Cleveland...8 year old Jets fan tackled by Browns fan

An 8-year-old New York Jets fan was tackled by an adult Browns fan after Sunday's game, according to a television station in Cleveland.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

MORE HERE

Re: "Classy" Cleveland...8 year old Jets fan tackled by Browns fan

Who in their right mind would do that over a freaking football game. I'm sure this is the work of some drunk stooge trying to make his buddies laugh.

....I just cant believe it.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

This type of activity should be strictly reserved to Steelers fans!

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    This type of activity should be strictly reserved to Steelers fans!
    I've been to 15 or so different NFL stadiums and I'll never go to Cleveland.

I go to Pittsburgh every year.

The stories I've been told by close friends about their experiences in Cleveland make Pittsburgh seem like a day at Club Med.

I have no doubt this story is true even without video to show it.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I've been to 15 or so different NFL stadiums and I'll never go to Cleveland.

I go to Pittsburgh every year.

The stories I've been told by close friends about their experiences in Cleveland make Pittsburgh seem like a day at Club Med.

I have no doubt this story is true even without video to show it.

PP
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. The people being tackled should only be Steelers fans

You are absolutely correct about games in Pitt. I have only been twice but have had very little issues. Just the normal you would expect. There are 2 incidents that were "bad" but the individuals were very intoxicated.

Now the Steelers fans that come to our stadium and live in the area....a whole notha story

6. Re: "Classy" Cleveland...8 year old Jets fan tackled by Browns fan

That's what I hear, that actual long-time and local Pitt fans aren't so bad. It's the bandwagoners and the ones who travel to the @BAL game that are the assholes.

Blog Entries

I can't believe that kids father just ran to the car and left. If someone tackled my 8 year old kid we would be fighting.

I have been to 18 NFL stadiums Cleveland included (3 times) and the only stadium I ever had a problem in was Cincy. The 2nd time I went to Cleveland I was a little younger and a lot more immature and it was the game where Stover made the 52 yard FG at the end to win. after the game I went in the bathroom full of browns fans by myself and was talking alot of trash and I still didnt have any problems except for the asshole chant which is pretty much a given at any road stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I can't believe that kids father just ran to the car and left. If someone tackled my 8 year old kid we would be fighting.
    Right, and then about a dozen drunken asshole Brownie fans would storm you. A father should never take their 8 year old kid into that hostile of an atmosphere in the first place. Cleveland fans aren't known for being the classiest or most welcoming to visiting fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Right, and then about a dozen drunken asshole Brownie fans would storm you. A father should never take their 8 year old kid into that hostile of an atmosphere in the first place. Cleveland fans aren't known for being the classiest or most welcoming to visiting fans.
    Gotta disagree here, can't everyone just be descent human beings and not "protect their home field" by being assholes to people who root for another team.

Not giving your kids an experience of going to a football game with Mom and Dad because other people might be stupid, immature and just plain assholes is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Gotta disagree here, can't everyone just be descent human beings and not "protect their home field" by being assholes to people who root for another team.

Not giving your kids an experience of going to a football game with Mom and Dad because other people might be stupid, immature and just plain assholes is ridiculous.
    Sure, and can't I walk down a dark alley in a rough neighborhood too and not worry about getting robbed? I agree people don't have a license to act like assholes, but it is what it is and when you bring a young child into that situation you have to accept the consequences.

I don't even think a football game is a good environment for an 8 year old in your HOME stadium, let alone a hostile environment. It's not a family atmosphere and never will be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Sure, and can't I walk down a dark alley in a rough neighborhood too and not worry about getting robbed? I agree people don't have a license to act like assholes, but it is what it is and when you bring a young child into that situation you have to accept the consequences.

I don't even think a football game is a good environment for an 8 year old in your HOME stadium, let alone a hostile environment. It's not a family atmosphere and never will be.
    Just because something is the way it is doesn't make it acceptable. I personally don't accept it and would take my kid to a game home or away, if they were tackled I wouldn't run to the car, I may not win but it would be on!!!

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    He's from New Yaak, he's impervious to this type of behavior.