Blog Entries

TNF is Unfair to road teams

Thursday Football is very unfair to the road teams and the league should do away with it except for Thanksgiving. I just did some quick research and found that the home team is 24-13 on Thursday games. The 13 games that the road team has been able to win are listed below

*San Francisco beat Seattle
    *Miami beat Detroit

Pittsburgh beat St Louis
    Green Bay beat Detroit
    Indy beat Atlanta

Indy beat Jacksonville
    Tennessee beat Detroit
    NYJ beat New England
    Denver beat Cleveland

NYJ beat Buffalo
    Indy beat Tennessee
    Green Bay beat Detroit
    *Miami beat Carolina

of those 13 teams that won on the road only 3 of them finished the season below .500 (marked with an*). only the 2008 Patriots and 2006 Seahawks had a winning record and lost at home on a Thursday. So the point is unless you play a really bad team on the road and you are a really good team you are probably going to lose if you play on Thursday. I'm sure I could have illustrated my point a lot better if I took more time but its late and I'm still pissed off over the game.

Blog Entries

Re: TNF is Unfair to road teams

this was all since 2006 when the NFL Network started doing Thursday Night games

Interesting, I count a whopping 2 or 3 good teams in that list that lost as home teams over 4 years. That is pretty lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Interesting, I count a whopping 2 or 3 good teams in that list that lost as home teams over 4 years. That is pretty lopsided.
    TNF blows totally and wish the NFL would stop it except for Thanksgiving.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

What about the Thrusday night game to begin the season?

I actually like that game.

But, personally I actually think the Thrusday night games eat dick too. It's nice to have a game on in the middle of the week just to have football to watch but it sucks ass when your team has to travel to play that primetime game.

Blog Entries

The Thursday Night game to begin the season was included in this. I also like the Thursday to begin the season. I do like to watch football during the week. Maybe they could find a way to rework this and have the Team that are going to play on Thursday have their bye the week before so they have more time to prepare, but the problem with this is they don't start TNF until week 10 and byes are done with week 11 or 12. it's tough to make it fair for all teams