1. NFL Network just announced that the Ravens & Bengals

will open on Monday Night Football...

Re: NFL Network just announced that the Ravens & Bengals

Yuck. An away game, too.

At least if we played here, some of the Bengals might stay home if they can't get permission to travel from their parole officers.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I saw this and just.... That's about it.

Shouldn't the 13-3 team host? The consolation is the arguably more important second game will be in Baltimore.

It's very simple. The league figures since the O's are home on Sun we would have had to open on the road anyway. Add in the fact that we get a primetime home game vs Pitt and it became a no-brainer. The only alternative is a home Mon Night against a non-division opp. Since Ind is already playing our only option was NE. And you know they wouldn't make the Golden Boy have to play here on Mon night!?
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Thats BS.

We won the division. They came in 2nd place.

We went 13-3, they went 8-8.

The NFL loves the Bengals and hates the Ravens.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    Thats BS.

We won the division. They came in 2nd place.

We went 13-3, they went 8-8.

The NFL loves the Bengals and hates the Ravens.

First off, let me preface this by saying that I hate having home games on monday or Sunday nights.
    I like my football on Sunday afternoons, and the ability to come home, watch the late game, and regroup myself to go to work the following morning.
    It's how I like my routine.
    We also seem to suck during primetime games as well.

I also agree with Mista T. on another thread...
    If we got to play at night, Sept. or October is best.

With that being said.....

I agree with Bass above.
    This is Bullshit!!!

What the hell has Cincitucky done to deserve a Monday night game much less the freakin' season opener??

The teams that actually win the division should be the ones receiving the high profile primetime games.
    At minimum, playoff teams in general followed by teams that actually had a winning seaon.

I don't by that too many primetime games bullshit either if the had it here.

Seems to me I've seen plenty of seasons where certain teams appear to play damn near their entire schedule during primetime.

My understanding is also that the Orioles are off that Monday night(so I hear), so there is no conflict in that regard.

So here we have the NFL owners currently in a meeting as we speak trying to come up with a new player conduct policy in large part due to the Bengals roster last year spending a great deal of time at the Dept. Of Corrections.

They didn't make the playoffs, nor did they have a winning season.

So what does the NFL do??

Gives them the opening monday night football game as a reward!!

Looks like a move Bud Selig would make to me.

Utter freakin' bullshit!!!!

Guess we're just gonna have to go up there and kick their asses for the total disrespect bestowed upon us!!:hammer:

Probably gonna schedule us a week two bye followed by back to back to back west coast road trips next.

Assholes!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Seems to me I've seen plenty of seasons where certain teams appear to play damn near their entire schedule during primetime.
    Er..um...cough...Green Bay.....cough

As long as Favre is there they are garunteed atleast 2 primetime games, and one of them has to be called by John Madden at Lambeau field.

The Packers/Bears finale got moved to Sunday when the Pack sucked and the Bears had nothing to play for. There were many many better games than that to put on prime time like the jags/Chiefs game where the winner would be in the playoffs.

NFL - Never Forget Lambeau
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Guys, we'll just have to beat Cincy to make up for it. Not hard! Sheesh!

How do you explain us playing Indy at home 2 years ago to start the season?

It's very difficult to make the NFL schedule.

From what I read, we will be getting another primetime division game (Pitt I assume) at home.

Id much rather play a primetime game at home later in the season than go on the road and do it.

PP

I'm with p-poe on this one.

Not to mention I'd rather take Palmer & Boyz before they get into their groove.

I'm going to have to leave work early that day... guess I'll put in for it now.

On this topic I say LET THE PITY PARTY BEGIN