I know the last thing we need is another Cam bashing thread, but I want to prove why he is a poor play designer.

Take notice how our receivers always run their patterns beyond the sticks. Ok on 3rd down, sure they absolutely need to do this but, on 1st and 10 or 2nd and long, getting a 5 yard completion is a decent gain. Getting into 3rd and less than 5 is infinitely better than 3 and longs. Especially in the 4Q and OT, Flacco's only safe option in Cam's offense was the checkdown to Rice b/c they were dropping 7 into that intermediate coverage zone. You'd think that Cam would help Joe out with having a receiver or two run some 5 yard patterns on 1st and 2nd downs, instead of all of them running 10-15yd routes that take time to develop. Watch the game again, and that's not the case at all. Compare that to the Pats O... Tom always has a quick hitting 5yd route option from one or two of their WRs or TEs that always has a high completion rate. The damn WRs go 15yds+ to clear out the dump-off to Rice is not going to work everytime. All I hear from Harbs is that they don't want to pidgeon hole the offense that they are not just a running team nor just a passing team. They are multiple. Ok then tell you're damn stubborn O coordinator that sometimes West Coast Offense plays are effective too and you don't have to live and die with only Downfield passing plays. Please Cam, help out Joe out sometimes too with smart pass patterns.