Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atta-boy Joe

Atta-boy Joe

The INT was an ugly throw (although Mason prolly should have done a better job fighting for that ball), and the fumble was pretty gross too.

But let's give him some credit for what was otherwise a terrific game against the Steelers D which was #1 DVOA and #1 in points against and lauded as being the best in the NFL. All he did was complete 65% of his passes for almost 7 per att, consistently pick up first downs, and most importantly, led a terrific game-winning drive against a great defense in a hostile environment.

We got 70 rushing yards today. The D played well but gave up two great drives that had us behind with 40 yards and 69 seconds to play, and Flacco answered. Does that satisfy everyone's requirement for taking them on his back and winning the game when they needed him to win? I hope so, cause that's the sort of drive that defines how good your quarterback, and your team, really is.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Re: Atta-boy Joe

Could not have said it better psu. Joe stepped up big time. Only the best QBs in the league could overcome what Joe did today. He wasn't perfect, but when we needed him to be an "elite" QB, he was.

Getting his first win (literally putting the team on his back) in Pittsburgh is a huge step forward in his progression.

No doubt about that being a game to give us all tons of hope. Not only did Joe engineer a true game winning drive but he spread the ball around all day. I can't think of areceiver that stood out more today. All three made huge plays. I'm looking forward to see how he builds on this game...he mostly certain flipped a monkey off his back today.

The Flacco bashers will still pick at him but the last drive consisted of 4 on the money throws. The post to TJ was sweet. Shut up about 60,000 towel waving pains in the ass. How does heartbreak feel Pittsburgh? Way to go Joe, welcome to Baltimore TJ.

Guess what else he did? He read zone coverage and also threw over the middle. Who knew? I'm glad that he possibly will take a leap from this game on what ESPN claimed to be the NFL best D. Guess what ESPN, you need to take a closer look cause it's us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Guess what else he did? He read zone coverage and also threw over the middle. Who knew? I'm glad that he possibly will take a leap from this game on what ESPN claimed to be the NFL best D. Guess what ESPN, you need to take a closer look cause it's us.
    Joe lived in the middle today. He looked sharp and threw with authority (save the one pick). Life is good today.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

7. Re: Atta-boy Joe

I'm watching the halftime show on CBS and they show this fired-up postgame speech by Harbs, and Joe's just kind of nervously standing there looking at the ground. C'mon Joe get a little pumped, dude.

Joe was fired up as much as Joe can be. Did you see him after the TD throw? Wake up league cause Joe is ascending.

This was the type of game winning drive we've all been waiting for...on the road against the defense everybody was absolutely blowing themselves over.

Great job by Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Guess what ESPN, you need to take a closer look cause it's us.
    There's little doubt we're up there pretty high. We're giving up less than 236 YPG, best in the NFL by a pretty reasonable margin. We're also very close to the top in points per game (I think we're gonna be 3rd or 4th after this week, within tenths of a point to #1). I think we'll also pass the Steelers in YPP after we were #2 to them last week. We were #6 in DVOA before this week, we'll probably improve there as well.

Average offense with league leading defense = top rated team.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn
    This was the type of game winning drive we've all been waiting for...on the road against the defense everybody was absolutely blowing themselves over.

Great job by Joe.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    I'm watching the halftime show on CBS and they show this fired-up postgame speech by Harbs, and Joe's just kind of nervously standing there looking at the ground. C'mon Joe get a little pumped, dude.
    Jesus H Christ. Can people just stop asking Joe to be something he's not. He's not an emotional guy. He doesn't need to be emotional. Know who else didn't show a lot of emotion on the field? Johnny Fuckin Unitas. Or did that piss you off too?