Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Houshmanzadeh now voicing displeasure

I'm kind of getting sick of the whining coming out of Ravens camp

http://www.masnsports.com/dan_kolko/...ying-time.html

I don't have a problem with the guy being competitive and wanting more catches (although being thrown to once last week may have something to do with his drops versus Cincy) but I'd rather players at least address concerns with their coaches first. This quote irked me

Would he consider going to head coach John Harbaugh or offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and expressing his displeasure with how he's been utilized so far?
    "I haven't done that, and I've never been one to approach my coaches about getting the ball," Houshmandzadeh said. "I've never done that in my entire career. Ever. I don't know if I will. I can't say I never will, but I've never done it. So, we'll just see how things play out."
    Right, so you'll just whine to the media instead, TJ?

I wish players would just focus on preparing for potentially the toughest game of the season this Sunday.

Re: Houshmanzadeh now voicing displeasure

This is making something out of nothing. It may take awhile longer to weave him into the offense.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    This is making something out of nothing. It may take awhile longer to weave him into the offense.
    Exactly. He knew darn well coming in here he'd be the #3. The ball can only go to so many people.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

"It's different," Houshmandzadeh told me yesterday. "I've got the offense, for the most part, I would say. There's certain things where I still make a mistake here or there, but for the most part, I know what's going on. I'm just not getting the opportunities, really, for whatever reason.

"I told myself going in I wasn't expecting much the first three weeks, because obviously, they had a few things set in stone before I got here."
    Well, let's see. You're the #3 receiver on a run-first team with a good pass-catching TE, joined the team about four weeks ago and dropped by my count four balls in the Cinci game.

Hunh. I wonder why you're not seeing a lot more passes come your way.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I think the author and FPR are reading too much into his comments.

Nothing to see here.

There is one bright spot here...TJ wants the Damn Ball. He answered that question as honestly as he could. I admire it.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

TJ should whine a bit (not in public, of course) after only being targeted once on Sunday. Flacco threw a few passes to Mason that were forced b/c Mason was getting his panties in an uproar. When TJ is completely versed in the playbook, I think he should be the #2 b/c he offers the height factor (larger open passing window)that Mason doesn't. Looking back, I think the Ravens proably should have keep Clayton instead of Mason. They are the similar profile type of WR (small but good route runners), but Clayton has never 'required' a certain amount of passes/game like Mason does. Mason is probably done after this year too with the likely lockout. Clayton is effective in the slot as evident in 2006 & this year. Sure it would have been cold with jettisoning Mason but they should look to the future too. Then again, I thought they should have kept Clayton and Mason instead of the STer, Marcus Smith, that Harb had has a hard on for. Hell Clayton as the 4th/5th receiver on the team would probably have been our starting PR.

"I told myself going in I wasn't expecting much the first three weeks, because obviously, they had a few things set in stone before I got here. And I'm not saying I'm expecting more this week, but I know the first few weeks I didn't expect a lot. Hopefully that will change, because that's why I came here. So, we'll see how it goes."
    That doesn't sound like whining to me.

Hopefully he will be the #2 receiver soon. I think he is better than Mason at this point.

Both Housh and Mase will have their opportunities this week. Any team just has to look at the game film from last week against Cleveland to see what happens when a team tries to put single coverage on Bolden. Clearing routes should open underneath routes for Mase and Housh.

I don't see what he said as whining. In fact, I'd say he was almost justified in saying what he did.

As someone else mentioned, nothing to see here.

Blog Entries

Housh and Mase should be able to contribute, expect Boldin to be bracketed and doubled, so hopefully Cam doesn't have WR's running routes into to each other, and Housh don't drop the ball like in Cincy. The wild card is where is Permamalu roaming and one could only hope that they think of Bolding as a possession WR, because he has been blowing past guys so far this year and has the athletism to go up and fight for the ball and make akward catches.

Yeah but the O-line needs to hold up enough time for Flacco to make his reads, Flacco has played well this year against the blitz so far, we will see.

O'Yeah Housh isn't whinning and a + he is not throwing tantrums on the field and getting penalties, who can blame the guy for waiting some catches and especially making a statement before this game, he might be in his first year as a Raven but not his first game againt shittville, he does not like Shittsburgh (he cleaned his cleats with their piss towel)