Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Why was Cody Inactive?

He wasn't injured.

Heard nothing but praise about his work all week in practice.

Considering the line play was horrific yesterday, will at least one of our second round picks from this year's draft see the field this season?

Any ideas?

Re: Why was Cody Inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    He wasn't injured.

Heard nothing but praise about his work all week in practice.

Considering the line play was horrific yesterday, will at least one of our second round picks from this year's draft see the field this season?

Any ideas?
    I can only assume it was to give him just a little bit of extra time to be physically ready for what will undoubtedly be a very hard game against Pittsburgh next week. No reason to rush him back in a game that the Ravens should have won (and did) anyway, and risk a set-back. As long as we walked away yesterday with the win, I am ok with this choice.

Remember that Cody had knee surgery.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    I can only assume it was to give him just a little bit of extra time to be physically ready for what will undoubtedly be a very hard game against Pittsburgh next week. No reason to rush him back in a game that the Ravens should have won (and did) anyway, and risk a set-back. As long as we walked away yesterday with the win, I am ok with this choice.

Remember that Cody had knee surgery.
    I can understand that...but starting Cody against Pittsburgh is throwing him to the wolves. Yesterday would be a good chance for him to get his feet wet in a real game.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    I can understand that...but starting Cody against Pittsburgh is throwing him to the wolves. Yesterday would be a good chance for him to get his feet wet in a real game.
    Not at all true. The Browns OL is significantly better than the Steelers OL. Like, it's not even close. The Browns OL is one of the best in the NFL, the Steelers OL is one of the worst.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Doesn't matter to me....I think he needed to play and get his feet wet before going into a hostile environment against a 3-0 team. My .02.

And for Kruger...I just don't see him in the plans here. 3 games inactive and all of last season. I want to see what he can do but I don't think that will happen.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

6. Re: Why was Cody Inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post

And for Kruger...I just don't see him in the plans here. 3 games inactive and all of last season. I want to see what he can do but I don't think that will happen.
    Playing Kruger worked out decent last year...especially against the steelers...with a backup QB...

I believe I have read somewhere that Cody is familiar with the Steeler's center Pouncey from their college days. Not sure if I remember them playing each other, but that is a plus if so. I think this is where you will see Cody's value and should help the pass rush if him an Ngata are double teamed.

Blog Entries

I think part of it had to do with the Knee. This week and he should be ready to go, he even stated that he was not 100, so why risk a set back.

As for Kruger, I am not on the Kruger band wagon, I hope the guy becomes a productive player, but also something to remember....

Kruger bulked up and is playing as a 3-4 DE, totally different than OLB/DE. With the added weight and depth chart I can see why he is still behind, I will look for him to leap frog or be granted Pryce's spot next year.

FilmStudy suggested we were going DL-light on the 45 man roster to counter the Browns offense.

Might not have been the best idea in the world if true, but it makes sense that, if the determination had been made we would only dress 6 DLs, he wasn't one of them.

He'll get his turn, I'm not worried about that.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    FilmStudy suggested we were going DL-light on the 45 man roster to counter the Browns offense.

Might not have been the best idea in the world if true, but it makes sense that, if the determination had been made we would only dress 6 DLs, he wasn't one of them.

He'll get his turn, I'm not worried about that.
    I think it was a special teams move. The Ravens focused on stopping Cribbs in the return game. We had a lot of LB's and CB's active for the game that usually wouldn't have been active.

Cody went to Alabama and the steelers center went to Florida so they played vs each other a lot in college.

The game plan was terrible though when you knew the Browns would run.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I think it was a special teams move. The Ravens focused on stopping Cribbs in the return game. We had a lot of LB's and CB's active for the game that usually wouldn't have been active.
    Oh right, that was it. Loading up ST to stop Cribbs. We ended up giving up points to the Browns offense that we otherwise would (possibly) have prevented, but if that was the strategy it basically worked. Worked *ugly*, but worked.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.