Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The return of Diva Mason

Wow, he was pouting all game. Every Raven player congratulated Boldin after his third TD in the endzone, but Derrick stormed back to the bench. I watched him on certain passing plays, and he half-assed it when he wasn't the primary receiver. Joe definitely threw some forced passes to placate Mason (the two drives in the 3rd when he threw it to Mason on 3rd down).

I'm sorry but Mason is probably the reason why TJ hasn't gotten involved in the offense as much b/c Joe 'has' gotta pass it to Mason a certain amount. Unfortunately, Joe needs to grow up a bit and realize that you're going to piss off some receivers b/c there is only one ball. Your job is to win, and not try to please each one. If Mason pouts, ignore him.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 09-27-2010 at 10:40 AM.

+1

He hurts the team more than he helps, IMO.

Not sure if it made the TV broadcast but Harbs just lit his ass up after that delay penalty.

A player of his tenure should know better by now yet the diva keeps getting worse as time goes on.

Re: The return of Diva Mason

I definitely think it's time to move TJ to the #2 position. I'm tired of Mason's "passionate" penalties. TJ may come back next year. Mason won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Wow, he was pouting all game. Ever Raven player congratulated Boldin after his third TD in the endzone, but Derrick stormed back to the bench. I watched him on certain passing plays, and he half-assed it when he was the primary receiver. Joe definitely threw some forced passes to placate Mason (the two drives in the 3rd when he threw it to Mason on 3rd down).

I'm sorry but Mason is probably the reason why TJ hasn't gotten involved in the offense as much b/c Joe 'has' gotta pass it to Mason a certain amount. Unfortunately, Joe needs to grow a few and realize that you're going to piss off some receivers b/c there is only one ball. Your job is to win, and not try to please each one. If Mason pouts, ignore him.
    Fixed that one

Derrick is more of a playmaker than TJ. I'd take Mason, singled up with a CB any day.

The first thing I told the guy next to me when Mason got the delay of game penalty was he is pissed that Boldin is getting all the balls now. I could be wrong since I was at the game but to me it just didn't seem like Mason was getting open at all.

His delay of game penalty was inexcusable. He should watch the game film and realize that the ravens might not need him if he comes with such a price now that we have Housh. There were plays towards the end of the game where he didn't even block.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

That was not the only time he threw the ball like a poor sportsman, he threw the ball after a a short pass across the middle, he threw it from his knees and appeared he didn't see the Line Judge, but he threw it like that because he was pouting. WTF is his problem, I don't give a shit if he is use to being the #1, he needs to realize that he is not anymore and needs to play hard and remember the reason he came back (for a ring)

I hope Harbs ripped his ass, this is unacceptable from a veteran, and it's not like he didn't get any balls, shit Housh only got 1 ball.

You know, I get it. Mason came over here to be our #1 receiver. And for years he was. And now he's basically getting pushed aside for a younger receiver who Flacco is targetting.

Let's be honest here, they could have put Mason on Eric Wright. They didn't. Why? Because as good as Mason has been for us, I don't think he could have made half the catches Boldin made today. As Sephy said, there was one pass Boldin "rips out of the sky".

So now Mason is basically going to do the same thing he did when we ran the ball more than passed to him, or when he feels like he's not getting the ball enough. He's going to pout and throw mini-tantrums on the field.

Derrick Mason is a great receiver and a fantastic route runner. But he believe's he's better than he really is at this age. It's time he understands that Boldin is here, and Boldin is the new #1 guy here. Flacco has a new best friend.

I was at the game and Mason looked like his emotions were out of control for most of the day. I'm starting to seriously doubt his professionalism and attitude. The fact of the matter is that Boldin was consistently getting open and had the hot hand today. Mason needs to suck it up and be a team player. I don't want to overlook Mason's past contributions but today he acted childish. Unfortunately he's now surrounded with talented players on offense.

When I saw Mason throw the ball into the sky, I was furious. I hope that I am wrong, but that looks like a former #1 pouting because he's not #1 anymore. He is #3, behind Heap. The truth is, we don't need him the way we did before we had Housh, and maybe he can't handle that truth.

But I don't give a shit, throwing tantrums like that is the type of behavior that I hate when I see it. I'm glad that somebody who was at the game said Harbaugh ripped him a new one - on TV I definitely didn't see it (and was hoping I would).

Mason needs to suck it up and be a team player
    AGREED!!!

Throwing the ball up in the air (getting the penalty) and letting his emotions get out of control is total bullshit. I thought Mason was a better man than that and it seems that it's not the case.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016