Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CLOSE win

CLOSE win

whew, that one was close. for a while there I didn't think the Ravens would pull it out.
    are the Brownies better than we thought? are the Ravens not as good? or just luck/breaks?
    I sure hope we put things together next week.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: CLOSE win

I think that was just a typical divisional game. See Pats/Bills.

I am worried about this season after this game. Not impressed.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Yup.

Plus they are pretty good for an 0 and 3 team. They coulda shoulda woulda won all 3 with one or two more or less plays.

I did not like the way they were running the ball on us. Buddy Lee was getting blown up by Mack and a combo block. I think we need to be playing McKinney and Cody in there vs center and G combos like that a little more. Gregg and Redding got pushed around a bit.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Disagree.

I would go along with that thinking if, like the Bills, the Browns consistently played up to us.

Instead, I saw a Ravens team that played down to the Browns.

A second string RB just lit up our D line.

Mason's diva personality again cost us yards in a crucial situation.

Our running game has yet to really show this season.

I will celebrate tonight but things need to change if we are to make a playoff run again.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I am worried about this season after this game. Not impressed.
    I agree.

I'm not giving up on this season, but seeing teams expose our supposed team strengths is not comforting IMHO.

What the hell has happened to our run defense? Rex took it with him to NY.

What happened to our commitment to the run?

I'm glad we won, and we can still do special things this year, but considering the expectations, this year is not what I had hoped so far.

D and O needs to double strap the chinstraps next week as we are going to get a heavy dose of Mendenhall and probably the best defense in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Disagree.

I would go along with that thinking if, like the Bills, the Browns consistently played up to us.

Instead, I saw a Ravens team that played down to the Browns.

A second string RB just lit up our D line.

Mason's diva personality again cost us yards in a crucial situation.

Our running game has yet to really show this season.

I will celebrate tonight but things need to change if we are to make a playoff run again.

I would agree to a point only that it seems that we took the foot off of the gas once they got to 14. I still say this Brown's team is better than the record indicates. Shown by their last couple games of last season and the first two of this one.

This isn't that same team from last year. Enter in the Holmgren effect with his veteran players, draft picks, and style of play. Big difference.

That second string RB wasn't just making the plays, the Browns offensive line was making the plays vs. our defensive line. They were moving us off the ball. That made him look better than anticipated

Agreed on Mason's diva attitude. What happened to caring about winning?

Our running game may have alot to do with Rice now being known since the long runs he used to get were a result of him breaking more tackles. I've seen him brought down 1x1 alot this year, that never was the case last year.

Again I think this was a divisional hard fought game. I expected the Browns to play like that considering the way they have lost this year. They have been in every game.

The o-line is a major concern. They are inconsistent. Since it seemed the team was planning on dumping Gaither anyway you think they would have had a better contigency plan in place for replacing him.

I still wouldn't get too upset about the defense. Remember, with the record-breaking 2000 season, the Ravens allowed 36 points and nearly 400 yards passing to Marc Brunell and the Jacksonville Jaguars during Week 2, here at home. After that game, it took 5 more games for the opposition to score 36 points COMBINED.

I know this isn't the 2000 defense, but they're still damn good. They'll be ok.
    Remember, we hadn't even allowed a TD until today.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

What the hell has happened to our run defense? Rex took it with him to NY.
    The Ravens led the NFL in yards allowed per carry last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

What happened to our commitment to the run?
    Were you disappointed in the production of the passing game today?
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Blog Entries

We really need Mt Cody back in there...he was inactive again this week, despite having good practices this week. Hopefully he's back next week for Steelers, we need him in our run defense, which has been suspect all season (gave up fair chunks to LT, Benson, and got steamrolled by Hillis)

On Offense, my main concern is the injury to Rice. Rice has been getting it going, but they've stuck to the pass more often. With Rice likely out, not so sure McGahee and McClain can provide a decent run threat to Steelers D. And if we're having to press the pass...awww crap, Joe could look EVEN WORSE than the Bengals game.

But I'm no chicken little. we found a way to get it done, and we'll get our shit together for next week. I just hope we can send the Steelers to 3-1 under Big Ben, because otherwise, all we're going to hear is PITT SB all year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

12. Re: CLOSE win

Still shows up as a W in the standings. There were some troubling things about the game, but we are now in a position to get back near the top of the AFCN with a win next week.

Cody should be 100% by then. We get Kruger back. Wilson and Webb are finally starting to get significant reps in the secondary.