Blog Entries

Thoughts on the New Meadowlands

I was at the game and was wondering what others who attended the game thout of the Stadium and atmosphere

Re: Thoughts on the New Meadowlands

You mean the world's largest HVAC unit?

Blog Entries

I really liked that there was plenty of parking and it wasn't much of a walk. The outside of the stadium i thought was kinda ugly. They had several large TV screens outside the stadium and a few huge screens in the concourses.

The concourses were kinda small for an 80,000+ seat stadium but it was very easy and quick to get concessions. The field is at ground level so to get to the lower level we actually had to go up an escalator (imagine that a stadium with escalators) to what would be the club level in our stadium. this caused a lot of congestion when leaving the stadium because everyone in the stadium had to go down at least one level to exit where as our stadium lower level you can walk right out of the stadium.

The inside I liked a lot. There were 4 big screens one in each corner all about the size of the screens at M&T. I thought the picture quality was better than what we have at M&T. 2 of the screens showed in game stats on the side. They had several HD boards with Score, Time, down and distance so it was easy to locate where ever you were looking.

The player introduction was very similar to what the ravens do with the pyro and they have the same mantra as us "Play like a Jet". every time the Jets defense came out they would play an annoying siren which got very old. I was expecting the crowd to be very loud but it really wasn't except for when they spelled out Jets. The Jets fans were not bad at all before or during the game but as soon as they didn't convert the 4th down at the end everything changed and they all turned into assholes and started cussing and trying to pick fights with anyone wearing purple.

Leaving the stadium was horrible with the small concourses and everyone having to use escalators. Traffic was really bad leaving so we hung out in the parking lots until about midnight when it finally cleared up. Overall it was a lot of fun and ill defiantly go back next time we play there.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've heard people criticize its outward appearance, but when something is sitting in the middle of a huge ugly parking lot in ugly East Rutherford what it looks like isn't really important. It's like caring what a Price Club looks like. It all boils down to the interior digs. It's the downtown stadiums that need to be somewhat aesthetically interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    You mean the world's largest HVAC unit?
    I was thinking along similar lines. Looked to me like the mutated cousin of a Gillette razorblade - like a Mach 27 or something.

Inside I thought it was decent enough. Good access to different levels (Mista T was in escalator heaven), spacious concourses and good food/beverage selection.

We were in upper corner sideline near the top, but views were still very good. It seems smaller than its 80,000 capacity because the crowd is quite close to the field. The legroom between seats seemed better than most stadiums.

Aesthtically inside it's alright but it's fairly cookie cutter. The best thing are the four large HD screens which are pretty impressive.

6. Re: Thoughts on the New Meadowlands

I posted this on another form but the jets fans didn't seem to like the new digs. Alot of complaints here: (wonder if they won if it would have been different!)
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=217725
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    the jets fans didn't seem to like the new digs.
    I believe that the Jets fans' expectations were too high, considering the $1.8 billion pricetag, infrastructure improvements, PSLs, and the massive increase in tickets prices.

Nice stadium -- considering that it was open air and suburban -- but it pales compared to Jerry Jones' palace, which was built a year earlier for 1/2 billion less. Frankly, it was pretty much just a Landover stadium with better rail access, great food, more escalators, and 4 HDTVs.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Worst designed stadium I have been in out of about 20 NFL stadiums. Entering and especially exiting were AWFUL!!!! The High def boards were nice. Very small walkways outside the seating area and unlike our stadium where the seats feel like you are close to the field, sec 349 felt like I was a mile away. It must have taken 1 hour to exit. Jets fans were big time disappointed
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Blog Entries

On TV it looked like one of those doughnut stadiums of the 70s - 3 Rivers,
    JFK and St Louis. Even Ex Lax looks like it.

I'll take our stadium any day just on looks with the open notches at the
    corners. Indy's new stadium sucks big time. Looks like a barn in the middle of
    down town. Their club level really sucks and so does the food.

Im going to the Houston game with my cousin Al who lives there because if there
    is a better stadium than ours, that's it. I'm anxious to see it.

10. Re: Thoughts on the New Meadowlands

I read the same thing on the Jets forum about getting in and out of the place was really bad and the walkways were narrow....

I just find it unbelievable that you spend all this money a new stadium and dont get the little things right. I heard its not built underground so when you walk in you are at field level so everyone has to go up stairs or escalators to get to their seats, even the lower bowl.

Texans Stadium is nice, i went there back when it opened and was very well laid out. No lines for conessions or bathrooms, retractable roof. Parking lots laid out well.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    Texans Stadium is nice, i went there back when it opened and was very well laid out. No lines for conessions or bathrooms, retractable roof. Parking lots laid out well.

The best NFL stadium that I have visited.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I was not impressed with the outside design, and the concourse was tight in the upper level. Inside was nice generally, and I agree that it did not look like it held 80,000. Traffic flow appeared to be an issue, but I did like the video boards and audio when you were outside.

Jets fans were obnoxious and one guy kept yelling "scoreboard" in the first quarter when they lead 3-0. I really felt like yelling "scoreboard" at "0:00" but watching some of the locals around me, I figured discretion was a better choice. Pre-game included 4 arrests after a fight in the concourse. A Jets family (with kids) even left after the sub-humans around were really vocal about the things they were going to do to those with purple. Of course, my step-son said that he sees a lot of that from our fans in the nose-bleed at M&T anyway.