Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb A Message From The Pro Football Hall of Fame

"We don't rewrite history. We merely present it."
    Joe Horrigan, Vice President, Communications/Exhibits, Pro Football Hall of Fame
    Joe, while we agree, it is incumbent upon you to present it ACCURATELY!:hammer:

Re: A Message From The Pro Football Hall of Fame

How the hell is presenting it inaccuratley, not rewriting it.
    I don't think the HOF has anything against Baltimore,I think it comes down to plain old laziness.
    Up your game Joe.

This is the Pro Football Hall of Fame Mission Statement

• To educate the public regarding the origin, development and growth of professional football as an important part of American culture,
    • To promote the positive values of football,
    • To preserve professional football’s historic documents and artifacts,
    • To honor individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the sport

Now correct me if I’m wrong, but by following the Mission statement of the HOF, having the Baltimore Colts History lumped with Indianapolis seems to be going against the mission statement and the purpose of the HOF.

To have Johnny Unitas listed as if he played for Indianapolis and not giving the Baltimore Colts their own wing in the hall most definitely does not properly educate the public, especially out youth. As Joe Horrigan put it, this would very well fall in under "rewriting history" and not presenting it accurately.

Truly if they wanted to Honor the contributors of the Sport, they would do them justice by granting them their own wing and their own Identity which I believe is more then warranted.

A most excellent post....thank you!

Let me first apologize for this exact reply appearing on a few threads. I just feel in my heart that this is important and regardless of how we get there, we will all feel better knowing that the Baltimore Colts are properly presented if we are successful. And I stress WE because without all of you, I'm no more than a blabbering idiot to some who just can't get over it!

That's not what this is about. Let's convince the HOF to do the right thing for our city and the players whose legacies are now tarnished.

With that in mind, we are beginning to get some national play. I was interviewed by USA Today and they have a blog on the topic of ColtsHeritage.com. If you've already signed the petition, great. If not please do. Even if you have, go on to this blog and post your thoughts so that that can drift in cyberspace throughout the country. We can use the support of folks outside of Maryland.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

Here's the blog: USA TODAY BLOG FOR COLTSHERITAGE.COM

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Let me first apologize for this exact reply appearing on a few threads. I just feel in my heart that this is important and regardless of how we get there, we will all feel better knowing that the Baltimore Colts are properly presented if we are successful. And I stress WE because without all of you, I'm no more than a blabbering idiot to some who just can't get over it!

That's not what this is about. Let's convince the HOF to do the right thing for our city and the players whose legacies are now tarnished.

With that in mind, we are beginning to get some national play. I was interviewed by USA Today and they have a blog on the topic of ColtsHeritage.com. If you've already signed the petition, great. If not please do. Even if you have, go on to this blog and post your thoughts so that that can drift in cyberspace throughout the country. We can use the support of folks outside of Maryland.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

Here's the blog: USA TODAY BLOG FOR COLTSHERITAGE.COM
    Keep up the great job Tony.

Bear
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!