Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jets or Bengals?

If you knew we were going to go 1-1 in the first 2 road games who would you want to beat. And Why?

For me I am torn, I would much rather beat the Jets to shut their big f-ing mouths, but they are not in our division.

I am going to go with the Jets though in order to take a side. I REALLY hate them.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: Jets or Bengals?

Clearly the Bengals because Divisional record is a higher tie-breaker. Though it would be very painful to see Rex Ryan and crew strutting around next Monday. Why not just root for 2-0!

I'd prefer to beat Cinci since it's a division game.
    I suspect they'll be a tougher team for us; Ravens' biggest vulnerability is the long pass, and Carson has burned us before. I doubt Sanchez can play that kind of long ball yet.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I think Week 2 is far too early in the season to worry about divisional tie-breakers. The competition in this division is far too intense for anybody to go undefeated within the division. I think the Ravens win the division anyway, so the tiebreaker won't matter.

On national TV, in front of their own loudmouthed fans, I'd love to see the Ravens absolutely destroy the Jets, and wait to hear what the fat blabbermouth has to say post-game. I also think it's important for us to start off with a convincing win on the road.

Jets, ABSOLUTELY.

F### those guys. I love how it's Ray tearing through ESPN the Mag's front cover, it's Ray with an Old Spice commercial, it's the Ravens picked here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5528592). Their offense was crap BEFORE their top WR was suspended four games for doing drugs, and Sanchez still sucks. I want to bash their teeth in. And I actually used to like the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Jets, ABSOLUTELY.

F### those guys. I love how it's Ray tearing through ESPN the Mag's front cover, it's Ray with an Old Spice commercial, it's the Ravens picked here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5528592). Their offense was crap BEFORE their top WR was suspended four games for doing drugs, and Sanchez still sucks. I want to bash their teeth in. And I actually used to like the Jets.
    HA! Love the new guy. Comes in Strong with the Jets hate on at least 2 of his/her first 4 posts. Haven't seen the other 2 posts.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    On national TV, in front of their own loudmouthed fans, I'd love to see the Ravens absolutely destroy the Jets, and wait to hear what the fat blabbermouth has to say post-game. I also think it's important for us to start off with a convincing win on the road.
    :word

I liked Rex when he was here (not that I hate him now) but he would talk more crap than a Steelers fan if they win.

Mark me down as rather losing to the Bengals...

Not even close, I want to Open their new stadium the same we closed Dallas. Screw the Jersey Jets, to bad Hard Knocks won't be around to tape this loss!!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

I'd like to go 2-0, but that is 2 tough road games, but..........every since Rex and Scott left they are arogant and I am tired of seeing Sanchez over rated, the guy was 20 -12 last year and yes that is backwards, 20 INT and 12 TD.

Hit Sanchez early, shut down the run game (man I wish Mount Cody was playing next to Ngata, but Greg is no slouch) and let our O go to work. I see a lot of Ray Rice check down yards when they get aggressive and quick slants to Boldin, Revis can't tango with Boldin at the line, just look at the guys guns (arms).

In my opinion the only thing that can hurt us in this game on D is the Jack (ILB, next to Ray) Sanchez is not very good at throwing long but every QB in the NFL can hit wide open 7-10 yard TE's and RB's.

It would make more sense to want to beat the Bengals, but I echo the sentiments of others who would rather beat the Jets. It's a MNF game, it's their first game in their new stadium, and like others have already said in this thread, Rex Ryan is begging to be taken down. Rex is turning into his father (who I never liked) and has just gone overboard with his bluster, and I think it's going to come back to haunt him.

Blog Entries

Interesting tid bit here. I will post in a thread.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/07/n...169100#cmtForm

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    HA! Love the new guy. Comes in Strong with the Jets hate on at least 2 of his/her first 4 posts. Haven't seen the other 2 posts.
    Hahaha, thanks :) For the record, all-female here. Should probably make an avatar to make that clearer!

Yup, I used to root for the Jets, in the same way I still root for the Dolphins. They had quiet mouths, big hearts, and had the same goal any self-respecting team in the league should - beating the Cheatriots. I don't mind that the Jets see themselves as contenders. In a top-heavy league, they ain't bad. But "ain't bad" doesn't win SBs by any stretch of the imagination, and it's time they and their tortured fan base STFU'ed. Yes, confidence is good, but delusional, indignant, unearned confidence is just retarded. It's like they are ignoring logic, and numbers, and the god-awful preseason they had. I think the fact Rex literally ran to Revis' house to sign him for the opener speaks volumes. Nervous much?

(...OK, he probably did not LITERALLY run.)