Ravens sign former Panther QB Hunter Cantwell for PS

Cantwell, a Louisville product, was signed by Panthers as an undrafted free agent last year. He gives #Ravens insurance for Flacco/Bulger
    less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

Cantwell was cut by the Panthers yesterday. He went 6-of-17 for 68 yards vs. #Ravens in preseason opener. Reportedly will join P.Squad
    6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

RT @WPSD_Sports: QB Hunter Cantwell has agreed to terms with Baltimore Ravens. Likely headed to practice squad in the short term.
    12 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/DanKolko
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ravens sign former Panther QB Hunter Cantwell for PS

I will give him this....he can take a hit without fumbling...

LINK
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Just happy we got another arm on board tho im not expecting alot, as essentially the 3rd qb im certain he's better then troy as a passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Just happy we got another arm on board tho im not expecting alot, as essentially the 3rd qb im certain he's better then troy as a passer.
    Couldnt agree more. I liked Troy but he just didnt fit. First instinct was to tuck and run. We have too much talent on this team to not scan the field and find someone to get the ball to down the field. Could be a decent find for the PS.

Hello to those that know me and to those who dont, just ask?

Blog Entries

this just backs what we all said during TC...If Flacco and Bulger both go down, Troy Smith is about as good as any slappy they'd bring in off the street.

This is a win win move because Cantwell can practice, so he'll learn the playbook. If we really have to start our 3rd string, I'll be crying a river from Westminster to the Inner Harbor because our season is over. But I would've done the same if Troy was starting.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Now this is what a #3 QB should be, not a veteran #3 with multiple seasons in an offense.

...And Bulger is just what a #2 should be, a "savvy" veteran able to come in for a series or two and also help the younger guys see things they may not yet recognize. Cantwell may only be a raven for a year, but the wires are full of Hunter Cantwells every year. Besides,I'm not sure Bulger's arms are big enough to carry a clipboard all year, especially if they go to 18 games.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"