Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens add CB McCann, cut Prince Miller

The Ravens signed the following player to their 53-man roster:

McCann, Bryan CB 5-10 190 R SMU

McCann, who was originally signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted rookie free agent, posted three interceptions at SMU during his senior season.

To make room for McCann the Ravens waived CB Prince Miller. Miller expects to be part of the team's practice squad if he clears waivers as expected.

Re: Ravens add CB, cut Prince Miller

So I am assuming by this the Ravens feel Bryan McCann's upside is better than Prince's, or he's a better option as a punt returner? Perhaps this also means Josh Wilson will be the other starting corner for now and not back returning kicks?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So I am assuming by this the Ravens feel Bryan McCann's upside is better than Prince's, or he's a better option as a punt returner? Perhaps this also means Josh Wilson will be the other starting corner for now and not back returning kicks?
    I'd rather Wilson wasn't retirning kicks. I think he might be our best corner right now. Unless he is "lost" in the defense he should start week 1.

For what it's worth, the Cowboys fanbase seems upset by the move - always a good sign. Read some of the comments here: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...baltimore.html

One comment:
    "talk about the wow factor. good luck McCann, not that you need it bc your talent was off the charts."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'd rather Wilson wasn't retirning kicks. I think he might be our best corner right now. Unless he is "lost" in the defense he should start week 1.

Ditto on not risking Wilson. We already lost Webb.
    Why risk another front line CB returning punts?

Miller would have been good.

RAMBLINGS OF SCOTTISH AMERICAN RAVEN

Re: Ravens add CB McCann, cut Prince Miller

Its not too surprising that Miller was waived and McCann signed. Miller was actually supposed to be cut yesterday. I think the FO knew McCann was going to be available. They already said they had been eyeing him for the past month or so. Miller has found his way to the PS which is best for him to develope. He looked really ruff out there in the last pre season game. He made that choice to field a punt within the 5 yrd line and muffed it. Good player but needs to develope. I think McCann has shown throughout his training camp and pre season to be much further along than Miller. Good pick up for special teams. Supposedly ran a 4.2 something or other at his pro day. At least if he is capable of the return duties we wont risk any of our starters getting injured as has been already mentioned.

Hello to those that know me and to those who dont, just ask?

Blog Entries

Remember, Cary Williams isn't counting against the 53 man until Week 3. Someone is going to get cut for him to get added back...

Unless McCann is lights out in the first two weeks, this is a guy who just gives us a little more comfort as a cover CB than Miller...in 2 weeks, we might be able to stash him on our PS, but likely, Dallas lures him back to theirs.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I like the McCann pick up a lot. He's a definite upgrade over Miller. He will challenge Williams for the #5 CB spot. I hope they don't cut McCann when Williams comes back. They need to look at another position like d-line where we are carrying 9 guys which is excessive for a 3-4 defense.

I agree with many of you, it is asinine to use one of our top 4 CB's as a punt/kick returner. You would think that we would've learned our lesson by now with McAlister and Webb getting hurt over the years returning kicks. Wilson should NOT be returning punts or kicks.

Blog Entries

Good point, you could see Divens, Art Jones, or McKinney cut in Week 3 to add Cary Williams.

BR.com's depth chart hasn't been updated, but I've got to wonder if David Reed might be in the mix as PR. Parmele supposedly has the KR job locked up, but Reed was looking CRAZY good as a KR against the Rams.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

NFL network right now has the Dallas game against the Dolphins with some extensive looks at McCann. He is blazingly fast to the ball. I'm sure he played most of the game. Just a heads up on some of our recently acquired talent. He is # 37.

Blog Entries

closing note to this...Prince Miller decided not to re-sign to our Practice Squad, he's been added the the NE practice squad instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    closing note to this...Prince Miller decided not to re-sign to our Practice Squad, he's been added the the NE practice squad instead.
    I really liked him...well, not anymore after this! Good riddance!