OT - Cleat Cleaner

Last year I saw the Terps using orange cleat cleaning mats during the Rutgers game - very wet.

I'd be interested in getting some insight into them for possible use in rugby. I know I could buy one via the internet (both white and orange) but rugby studs are different to baseball cleats.

Any input would be appreciated.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Re: OT - Cleat Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Last year I saw the Terps using orange cleat cleaning mats during the Rutgers game - very wet.

I'd be interested in getting some insight into them for possible use in rugby. I know I could buy one via the internet (both white and orange) but rugby studs are different to baseball cleats.

Ebay has everything...it has got to be on there
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We are a bunch of wimps and don't actually play rough sports so we don't know about cleaning cleats. I can recommend something for golf shoes or softball cleats. :celery :D

I played rugby in college and I know how annoying it is to clean those studs...I actually almost twisted my ankle because the entire stud and the part of the cleat it was screwed into broke off while I was running down the pitch.

However, I haven't seen the cleat cleaner you're referring to, it would've been nice to have it when I played if its as good as it sounds.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post

LINK
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Thanks for the ebay link 'Nurse'. As I said I know how to get a hold of one - but was hoping someone knew which type / brand is best for rugby studs as opposed to golf spikes.

Someone has overlooked a potential big market it they can be used for rugby studs.

Thanks for the replies
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"